stung

Tilted

Arachnopeon
i was stung by my maylasion forest scorpion 12hrs ago when it happened my index finger and thumb hurt now just my index finger to my first knuckle i do do not know what to do could you give me some advise it makes it supper easy to type ha ha ha

Kenobi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
As long as you're not allergic you should be fine. Their sting isn't any more potent than the likes of an Emperor, as far as I'm aware.
If you've ever survived a bee sting, then you'll be ok :rolleyes:

Rosenkreuz

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If you've gone 12 hours since the sting without any major allergic symptoms, you'll be fine. Take some ibuprophen or tylenol for the pain if you want, and you'll be alright by tomorrow.

MissConnie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ouchie about the sting...but as the others have said...if you are still alive 12 hours after it...then you have nothing to worry about *as in dying etc*

take some tablets and watch out next time ;)

Tilted

Arachnopeon
Its on Vermiculite,
should i be using something else?
How do you sex these things?
Any previous threads ????

BadBikaDamo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm sure your scorp would be a lot happier on soil, cocoa fibre or something similar. I realize that some pet shops recomend vermiculite but it is no good for scorps as it sticks to there underparts and must be uncomfortable for them. Also scorps like to burrow so a cocoa fibre and peat mix with a bit of sand is ideal. Personally, I just use peat soil and compact down and all my scorps have extensive tunnel networks. If you would like to see your scorps in their burrows, get a long thin ballon like performers use, blow it up and place it next to the glass. Cover it in soil (4-6inches) then de-flate the baloon and place the hide at the entrance, your scorp will use this as a burrow and you'll still be able to see it. For more info, check out 'Thaedion' s 'false bottom set-up' videos on You-Tube.

Cheers

Damo

Tilted

Arachnopeon
Thanks for all the great advice guys! If you have any more ideas to share , please do!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :worship: :D :worship:

Australis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ok...now lets proceed to buthids...
Let's see...hmmm, let's start with the letter A

Do keep us updated with the results though :)

dragonwolf

Arachnopeon
If you've gone 12 hours since the sting without any major allergic symptoms, you'll be fine. Take some ibuprophen or tylenol for the pain if you want, and you'll be alright by tomorrow.
Well...you should be OK but anaphylactic shock can set in 24 hours+ later!!! 'didn't know that 'til I did my Anaphylaxis Training.

TheDill

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
wow...didn't even no you could in to shock..and thats like 24 hours laters to..wow...

Tilted

Arachnopeon
sometime last night my scorpion died any ideas why??? :eek:
the tip of my finger is still a bit sore

Last edited:

Xaranx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What was your temps and humidity at? Heterometrus is a tropical scorpion, need 85-90F and 80+% humidity. They have identical reqiurements to Pandinus imperator, the emperor scorp. Did he have a waterbowl as well?