Stubborn P. regalis doesn't want to rehouse

troglodyte

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
First and foremost, I've been horrifically busy lately and have had no time for you guys and for that I'm sorry!

Secondly, I have a P. regalis that recently outgrew its jar and needs to be rehoused. I've attempted to rehouse it by opening the jar, sticking it in the new home and gently jiggling or rotating it to get the spider to move out (it's burrowed itself in the sub of the jar) but it refuses to exit. How can I get this T out safely?

clam1991

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i had this problem to a while back
nuthin to do but wait:(

Thompson08

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Rehouse in a tub or something. I had this problem with my H. lividum. I flooded the burrow and it worked wonders for me. Maybe you should try that. Or you can dig carefully around the burrow until you get to the spider.

bamato

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Did you try just leaving the jar in the new home for a few days to see if it would leave on it own? Thats the "safest" way for the both of you I would say. Myabe leave the jar on its side in there?

Fluke

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
^^ I agree with him. I plan on doing that with my H. liv. Its the least stressful way

troglodyte

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would just leave it in there, as is my usual method of transferring, but the old jar doesn't fit in the new kk because of the fittings in the kk. :/

ctsoth

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You could easily flood him out. I just flooded my A. Brock last week. Slowly fill the burrow or container with water and as the water level rises so will the T. Harmless and easy.

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
LOL, I must be a brute, cause I would get my tongs and fish him out.{D :evil: {D

troglodyte

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How do I flood out a T in a jar and coax it into a kk that's on its side?

Scolopendra777

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
WTF just get some tongs or a brush or sumit and push it out unless uv alredy dun that im out of iders . :)

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Coax her into a rubbermade or similar container that is larger than the one you plan to rehouse in, scoot her out of the old house, or wait for her for come out on her own. Then place the new house in there. Then do the same thing in reverse :)

thats how I rehouse my larger T's. If they don't have much of a venom I tend to grow impatient and just pluck them out by hand from one cage to the other :eek:

Faunya

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Try pulling his "decor" from his home so he's left feeling "naked". Most of mine were pretty quick to evict after doing this....usually just a few minutes. Be ready to "cup n dump", though... they're not exactly slow once they make the decision to leave.