User Stu Macher's Tarantula Pictures

Stu Macher

Ghostface
Arachnosupporter
Amazing growth rate

As some of you know, I purchased a 3" female P Rufilata from my trusted vendor about a month ago. I didn't realize it at the time but she was in premolt. She nearly doubled in size after molting. I haven't seen her out and about much until I got home from 2nd shift tonight. I figured I'd share a few pictures. The lighting isn't great in my room but I like to keep it relatively low light for my T's. I'm glad I placed her in a 12x12x18 right off the bat. I don't have her molt because she hid it (where? I have no clue) But when I can get a good ventral pic I will post to confirm her sex. She may be a shy one, but my crazy P Met juvie is always out (Makes cleaning out the water dish fun) That's her favorite time to bolt as well lol Also don't hover over her enclosure. She doesn't like that much. Picture of that T also attached.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Stu Macher

Ghostface
Arachnosupporter
P. Rufilata. 2.5 Months and 2 molts later

My girl loves to hide her molts on me so I really have no idea what her DLS is. She never hangs out on the sides of the glass like my P Met does so measuring her is a challenge. She hangs out right above her flat when she's out. As soon as I move that cage even a hair she's gone. I'm guessing her DLS is at 5.5-6" I got her at 3"

Posted are before and after pics. December 1st-now. I'm waiting for another molt and then I'm going to transfer her to a large sterilite.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Stu Macher

Ghostface
Arachnosupporter
P Irminia
P Cam
P Mascara x2 (potential male and female)
P Rufilata (Junk in the trunk)
P Met (need to get that abdomen plump again post molt)

Attachments

ladyratri

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
P Irminia
P Cam
P Mascara x2 (potential male and female)
P Rufilata (Junk in the trunk)
P Met (need to get that abdomen plump again post molt)
Lovely T's. I gotta ask though... Does your whole collection belong to genera that start with P? 🤔🤣

(I must say, if you had to pick a letter, you could do an awful lot worse!)

Stu Macher

Ghostface
Arachnosupporter
Lovely T's. I gotta ask though... Does your whole collection belong to genera that start with P? 🤔🤣

(I must say, if you had to pick a letter, you could do an awful lot worse!)
🤣 LOL I thought this was a G rated forum haha

Stu Macher

Ghostface
Arachnosupporter
Good grief that's blue
I love all of my T's, but this is one species I just can't live without. If I was limited to 1 T, it would have to be the P Met. Always out, doesn't spook easy. I do routine maintenance, vacuum, dust, you name it. And my little venom buddy just hangs out on full display.

It's interesting, when natural light comes in, they look dark grey/black. You can see the faint blues still, but not as bright. And that look alone is beautiful against the white patches and banding on the legs. But when I shine some light, vibrant blues that blow me away every time.

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Edit I am sending this as message instead I was so tired lol

Last edited: