Stranded on cork island!

scorpionchaos

Arachnosquire
Well I was away I had some body come over and spray my vagans sling every know and then while I was gone for three weeks and he too great care of everybody perfect temp humidity ect... How ever upon arrival I inspected my B.vagans cup. Feeling 4 times heavier than normal I quickly realized that the substrate was water logged! The little guy was panicked on top of his cork bark chunk that was smack dab in the middle off the peat moss ocean. Luckily he signaled S.O.S in 8 different ways and the rescue vial quickly took him of the moist island.

Well I have to squeeze, mix and lightly moist new substrate... Can't tell if he is as tough as they come or just had some saint patty days luck :p

PAudax

Arachnopeon
Jeez, that's a lucky sling! That's why I'm scared of when I have to travel, because I have trust issues with letting people take care of my pets...

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
Wow Lucky escape for your sling, thats why if i'm going away i make every precaution before i leave, i.e. water/food etc, even for a 3 week holiday they have been fine when i got home, personaly i don't trust anyone to care for my T's when away (they can't stand them) awful shame as it is, but last year my own mother did take care of them for that 3 weeks wich i'm really glad of.

Tongue Flicker

Arachnobaron
that's why sometimes i'd rather let my pets be alone with no one in the house than with someone who can potentially endanger them lol :p

lucky sling!

prairiepanda

Arachnoknight
I usually just have somebody look over my collection every couple days and inform me if anyone looks ill or if any other problems arise. I go over watering routines and some other basic stuff with them beforehand, but ideally they won't have to actually do anything with the Ts. 3 weeks is a bit long, but the species I have tend to tolerate drought much better than over-watering.