Stout Leg Baboon Tank Revamp (cranky fun w/pics!)

RoachGirlRen

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I've been having some mold issues in my room lately and, despite it being one of my dryest tanks, my stoutleg's tank sprouted mold. I believe the source to be a dead cricket that I found during cleaning that had been tucked away beneath a log and was thus not removed promptly. Anyways, I am paranoid about any mold, so to see some suddenly and rapidly advancing through the tank of a pretty dry-loving species was horrifying! I decided to tear down and re-do the entire thing, and took some pics of this wonderfully cranky species in action for you viewing pleasure. ;)

This is normally all I see of my girl...

If the burrow caves in during retrieval, guess how you figure out where the stoutleg went??

Captured and getting a little ornery...

Getting VERY ornery...

Ah! Surely the lid to this cup is the evil creature responsible for disturbing her rest!

From the side

From behind

Back at home and feeling better already

Re-done digs (not very impressive but eh, they're pet holes)

Thanks for viewing!

Last edited:

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Woah! My girl has never given me a threat display! Mines as docile as a kitten. Your girl looks PO'd. Lol. Lovely species and pics!

RoachGirlRen

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thanks guys! I really adore this little gal - they're a fun species! And j.everson, how funny! I've always heard that they are cantankerous and she is no exception. When I first got her and we were removing her from her old tank, she had a legitimate hissy fit - flopped over on her back flailing her legs and striking furiously at the air! She's always been just beastly to relocate.