still no sac !!

chica19

Arachnopeon
Its been about 40 days and still no egg sac.are obts suppose to take this long?

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
they can. i paired my female versicolor back in march and still no sac. it might have not taken.

when i bred obt's for the first time a few years back, it tok around 60 to 70 days for my female to drop her first sac, then she dropped another 30 days later. they are known for double clutching.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The breeding reports section is a great tool to help you figure out this kind of thing. :)

chica19

Arachnopeon
Like she made 2 webs 1 in each corner on the top of the enclosure. That's were she usually spends most of her time.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Its been about 40 days and still no egg sac.are obts suppose to take this long?
My last female took a couple months to make a sac. I cant remember the exact dates because I didnt keep records. But it was probably more than 40 days.

Thats just one of the joys of T breeding. They wont lay the sac when you want them to, they like to take their time, lol.

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
So you think it would take exactly 40 days?

It took mine 2.5 month

chica19

Arachnopeon
Well dang it I guess I have more time to wait it out lol. I'm just excited cause it will be my first time with this experience. Well ill update when she finally does though

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
If you get a sac just leave it there until they are 2:nd instars.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Or if you dont want to chase slings around the enclosure with a cup, you can pull it at 30-35 days and incubate the nymphs.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
OBT's don't carry around an eggsac the way most T's do. It stays webbed to something else in their enclosure until it hatches. (Not sure if they're constantly ripping it down, turning it and re-sticking it or if it doesn't need to be turned or what...) It's quite possible that the eggsac is in there now and you just can't see it. It will look like a really dense clump of web, not really anything like what we generally expect eggsacs to look like.

I've heard several different accounts of people not knowing their OBT had layed until the spiderlings were crawling out all over the place. Kind of the typical nightmare scenario for an arachnophobe.

BrynWilliams

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i was thinking this as well, be sure to look carefully :D

This goes for H macs as well, even scarier to have running around :)

As far as turning it goes, I believe that they don't tear it and turn it, they just leave it as far as i'm aware

OBT's don't carry around an eggsac the way most T's do. It stays webbed to something else in their enclosure until it hatches. (Not sure if they're constantly ripping it down, turning it and re-sticking it or if it doesn't need to be turned or what...) It's quite possible that the eggsac is in there now and you just can't see it. It will look like a really dense clump of web, not really anything like what we generally expect eggsacs to look like.

I've heard several different accounts of people not knowing their OBT had layed until the spiderlings were crawling out all over the place. Kind of the typical nightmare scenario for an arachnophobe.

chica19

Arachnopeon
update (obt)

She has deffinitly webbed her self in the top corner?? And this means???

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Could mean anything. Could mean a molt, or laying a sac.

You dont have to do anything after she lays a sac to keep the slings alive. Thats what the momma does. Dont bother her and let her do her thing. She knows what shes doing.

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Could mean anything. Could mean a molt, or laying a sac.

You dont have to do anything after she lays a sac to keep the slings alive. Thats what the momma does. Dont bother her and let her do her thing. She knows what shes doing.
Yeah she knows what shes doing , but I dont think he wants to chase around 100 OBT's when they do hatch .

chica19

Arachnopeon
another update

She layed her sac finally. Her abdomen is really small now. I'm so excited can't wait till I get to see the babys.