stacking enclosures?

Tenebrarius

Arachnoangel
I am really asking how important is the lid ventilation, I personally think it's overkill and I already put a ton of side ventilation. So would it be find to stack enclosures on top each other?

I'll be stacking within reason, like up to two enclosures high.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I stack containers all the time - particularly the plastic Kritter Keeper/Faunarium type and deli cup type (the ones that are bigger around than they are tall).

I've never had any problems with doing so.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Stacking is ok, a lot of people do that as a trick for save space. And to those people I say: "Never be a 'Scrooge', buy a bigger house" :bored:

:) :playful: :kiss:

cold blood

Staff member
Stackers Unite!
Reminds me of an old commercial.

Im a stacker, you're a stacker...wouldnt you like to be a stacker, too....Dr. Stacker...drink Dr. Stacker....

oh wait, that last bit doesnt work.:zipit:

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I stack mine and have holes in the lids. If I need to have an enclosure dry out a bit, I just put that one on the top of the stack. Those who need a bit more moisture are stacked at the bottom.

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
I am so happy to see a lack of stackerphobic remarks. We’re so progressive.

StampFan

Arachnodemon
I am really asking how important is the lid ventilation, I personally think it's overkill and I already put a ton of side ventilation. So would it be find to stack enclosures on top each other?

I'll be stacking within reason, like up to two enclosures high.
Exo terra Breeding Boxes and other such enclosures are *made* for stacking. Hence the handy-dandy little feeding doors on 2 sides....

Kaervek

Arachnopeon
Fascinating levels of Kumbaya goin on meow~ This makes two things the entire community agrees on unanimously. T's and stacking... stacking T's.

Coincidentally, Dark Den just made some neat custom stacking enclosures.

Tenebrarius

Arachnoangel
Fascinating levels of Kumbaya goin on meow~ This makes two things the entire community agrees on unanimously. T's and stacking... stacking T's.

Coincidentally, Dark Den just made some neat custom stacking enclosures.
I dont really watch tarantula youtube, unless it is content made by our lovely moderators. EulersK beginner species didn't help me much anyways as my first T was a P metallica. :rolleyes:

I mean that one guy who is super informative is cool, but other than that they just show stuff I pretty much do all the time.

But yeah stacking is cool. I was just curious about vents.

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
I NEVER stack! Each of my enclosures has its own individual table to sit on. I'm currently in the market for a warehouse so I can expand my collection ;)

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
Yes it's okay to stack unless it would be blocking necessary ventilation obviously. Works well with vented lids like Kritter Keepers, Exo Terra Breeder Boxes, or any enclosure with ventilation holes on the sides.