Spiders on Parade!

dactylus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice work you guys! Congrats and good luck the rest of the way! :D
Congrats Brett. I know of a couple of the Minnesota folks that are interested in a few of those potential Avic sp. "Amazonica" slings. Me being one of them!!

Good luck,

David

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If all works out I am sure some will be on their way to our friends in Minnesota :)

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If all works out I am sure some will be on their way to our friends in Minnesota :)
I'll be one of them Brett! :D Seems that "amazonicas" have disappeared from the hobby for the past 6 months at least. Good luck with your sacs! I'd be interested in a couple A. bicegoi as well. :)

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter
Double that order! Good luck Brett!!:biggrin:

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks for everyone's support!
Lol gotta love Minnesota

Feeding time!

Avicularia amazonica

Iridopelma hirsutum

Encyocratella olivacea

Lampropelma violaceopes

Brachypelma sabulosum

Aphonopelma moderatum

Lampropelma borneo black

Selenocosmia peerboomi

Avicularia minatrix

Avicularia versicolor

teeny tiny Cyriocosmus bertae

Avicularia purpurea

Psalmopoeus irminia

Selenocosmia effera

Psalmopoeus reduncus third instars now

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
okay, I'm in love with the reduncas. I always knew they were under appreciated, but I never saw a picture that really brought out their awesome GREEN abdomen!! I'm so getting one.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
okay, I'm in love with the reduncas. I always knew they were under appreciated, but I never saw a picture that really brought out their awesome GREEN abdomen!! I'm so getting one.
They're totally awesome!
The pulchers also have green abdomens but it comes out stronger in the reduncus it seems.
Its one of the better greens you can get on a T, for a while at least!

-Kelly

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
How long do the abdomens stay green? I'm not sure I've ever seen a decent comprehensive picture of an adult reduncas. I do however have a P. cam and an irminia on the way, and feel the need to get the other three available in the US hobby, cuz I *love* me some Psalmos. Funny, funny bugs they are.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How long do the abdomens stay green? I'm not sure I've ever seen a decent comprehensive picture of an adult reduncas. I do however have a P. cam and an irminia on the way, and feel the need to get the other three available in the US hobby, cuz I *love* me some Psalmos. Funny, funny bugs they are.
The reduncus are probably the most shy of all the ones we have. You have a few good molts of good baby coloration on the pulcher/reduncus but usually by around 2" they're adult colors.

-Kelly

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Lovely slings! Looks like the E. olivacea was more interested in biting your face off, though :D

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Brett, Wow I can see all that reduncas green in your pics which Jacqueline loves so much! How weird, I'm not picking up any green in my shots of the one I got from you ... hmmm. Lots of nice teal on the young pulchers from Chad though.

So how are the A. sp 'amazonica' and bicegoi babies coming along? ;)

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
Look at that Iridopelma pretending to be all sweet and innocent! The tiny little 2i sling I got from you just tried to grapple with me last night, tried to rip a paintbrush out of my hand. I swear she intended to throw it! If you ever get ahold of/manage to hatch some Avicularia braunhauseni (did I spell that right?) Let me know and put me down for one. Definitely high up on my list of Avics that I want.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Brett, Wow I can see all that reduncas green in your pics which Jacqueline loves so much! How weird, I'm not picking up any green in my shots of the one I got from you ... hmmm. Lots of nice teal on the young pulchers from Chad though.

So how are the A. sp 'amazonica' and bicegoi babies coming along? ;)
amazonica sack only produced ONE 2i,and the bicegoi are darkening.Had a lot of losses with Avicularia as of late,and have tried everything in our power to keep them alive to no avail.No clue what the deal is......But we are frustrated.....Have another female amazonica on the way,and the MM is still spunky,so we will just keep on trying.....

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Really sorry to hear about the amazonica man. Really sucks. But keep me in mind for a few bicegoi.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
amazonica sack only produced ONE 2i,and the bicegoi are darkening.Had a lot of losses with Avicularia as of late,and have tried everything in our power to keep them alive to no avail.No clue what the deal is......But we are frustrated.....Have another female amazonica on the way,and the MM is still spunky,so we will just keep on trying.....
Aww, that sucks! No clue what's going on? Anything changed at all?

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow Brett, really sad about the amazonicas. :( I don't know but maybe it's somewhat typical ... I don't have trouble with Avics generally but have never had great luck with amazonica slings. Good luck next time! :)

dactylus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Bummer on the amazonicas! Sorry to hear that. I am also interested in bicegoi slings if and when you have them available.

David

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They are looking horrible as well. We will be lucky to even be able to send any to the owner of the male :( Really in disbelief at the losses with ONLY Avicularia. this is the first time we have encountered issues like this with them.

Balvala

Arachnosquire
I sent you a PM in the middle of the day asking you how you were doing with everything overall actually, but I hadn't realized you posted this even earlier with an update. I feel horrible that this is occurring at such a mass rate. My only hope is that a good few of them are capable of pulling through for you.

The utmost good luck to you, my friend,

-Andrew

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks a lot.

Time for an update

Some brighter news:
Iridopelma hirsutum

And they have grown quickly, already second instar:

An unrelated juvenile

Avicularia purpurea

Lampropelma violaceopes

The Avicularia amazonica second instar!

One of the Avicularia bicegoi second instars!

Lampropelma borneo black

Psalmopoeus langenbucheri

Brachypelma annitha

Pamphobeteus nigricolor

Avicularia versicolor

Aphonopelma chalcodes juvenile

Psalmopoeus cambridgei She was holding an eggsac but it was totally infertile

Chilobrachys fimbriatus

My favorite color stage of the Avicularia laeta. They start turning purple!