Spiders from Spider-Man 2002 film

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
Does anyone know which spiders were filmed in the 2002 Spider-man movie?

GiantVinegaroon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Use the search function.
Or be polite and kindly answer the question. I worked at a zoo answering questions for guests. No matter how many times guests asked me if that snake was venomous or how much that tiger weighs....I never once said "I dunno. Go google it when you get home" or "You know how many times I've been asked that? Shut up." because that would make me look like a fool. Telling someone over the internet to use a search function makes you look just as foolish.

In my time on AB, this is the first time I've ever seen this question posted. You make it sound like it's a very common and annoying question.

And to the OP: The spider that bit Peter was a Steatoda sp. with a paint job.

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
Or be polite and kindly answer the question. I worked at a zoo answering questions for guests. No matter how many times guests asked me if that snake was venomous or how much that tiger weighs....I never once said "I dunno. Go google it when you get home" or "You know how many times I've been asked that? Shut up." because that would make me look like a fool. Telling someone over the internet to use a search function makes you look just as foolish.

In my time on AB, this is the first time I've ever seen this question posted. You make it sound like it's a very common and annoying question.

Thanks a lot Scotty! I actually did use the search function a couple of times before posting this question just to make sure this question has not been posted before but I did not find anything.

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

Whaddya know...I ran a search for "spiderman" and right there at the top of the results list, from 8-25-09, was a thread answering this question.

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=159629

It's come up quite a few times, Scotty. Yes, it is a common question, and yes, I was annoyed, since it had JUST been answered for the millionth time. It was only on the 4th page back on this forum. I was thinking, "just do a little of your own homework, this is borderline spam."

EDIT: Just to clarify, searching before you post --especially on something that has in all likelihood been done before--is simply an issue of forum courtesy.

Last edited:

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
dang you venom, i was searching and found 3 threads and was going to post them before you re-posted :rolleyes: but yes, less than a month.

but, to answer the question even more, there were some steatoda, olios, salticus, kukulcania, and agelenidae.

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Lol! Sorry to cut you off!

Yeah...it's a very easily researched question if people will just do their own homework.

buthus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
"The" spider was a S.triangulosa ...painted by an art student. The movie also featured Calisoga longitarsis, Crustulina guttata, Ariamnes colubrinus, and Tegenaria agrestis.
The Goblin was actually a Mantis made up to look like Willem Dafoe. ..cheaper to do it that way. ;)

GiantVinegaroon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Lol! Sorry to cut you off!

Yeah...it's a very easily researched question if people will just do their own homework.
yea well people don't really think to search stuff like that on a site like this because it isn't IMDB

GiantVinegaroon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
EDIT: Just to clarify, searching before you post --especially on something that has in all likelihood been done before--is simply an issue of forum courtesy.
Sure wish we could tell people at the zoo to do their HW before coming in. Someone thought I was holding dinosaur skin once...not a kid...but someone's PARENT. :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

EDIT: Skin I was holding was that of a monitor lizard

What

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yea well people don't really think to search stuff like that on a site like this because it isn't IMDB
That isnt an excuse. It especially isnt an excuse when you claimed to have searched and not found anything when in reality the results were right there. :embarrassed:

Sure wish we could tell people at the zoo to do their HW before coming in.
A zoo is not a web forum. A web forum is on the internet, a place where a quick search can answer many questions. Zoos could have a search bars on them guess what they look like? Oh... right... the people employed there to answer questions for the patrons...

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Why post anything at all?- we could just post "look it up" over & over again. BTW, that is the most common post I've seen here on AB. IME, it's not terribly courteous to fill up a forum w/ the same response(quite like I'm doing now), just as it isn't courteous to dump off your unresearched question on everyone else. The search function here doesn't work like Google or even like most database search functions & rarely is information organized in a cohesive manner for anything other than tarantulas. AND, if you don't want to answer the question, just freakin' move on, rather than wasting the time/energy to write yet another "look it up" post. Sigh...rant over.

GiantVinegaroon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A zoo is not a web forum. A web forum is on the internet, a place where a quick search can answer many questions. Zoos could have a search bars on them guess what they look like? Oh... right... the people employed there to answer questions for the patrons...
you took a joke WAY too seriously my friend