spider id?

StAugBob

Arachnopeon
I am having a hard time getting a picture of this spider that lives in a hole in the corner of the ceiling on my screen porch. it only comes out at night. If I turn on the porch light it runs back into the hole. the web outside the hole looks kind of like my Hacklemesh weaver spiders that I keep. Can anyone id with this picture? If not I will try for better but this one is very wary.
IMG_0349.JPG

StAugBob

Arachnopeon
Southern House spider, Think you may be right. The web and ends of legs look like House spider. I don't see the white marks on the legs or Cephalothorax. I have had big house spiders walking the halls at night in the house so you probably are right. May leave her there doing her job although may have one in opposite corner I have not got a good look at yet but it stays behind web and does not run into a hole like this one. Does anyone keep Kuk's?

jecraque

Arachnobaron
Yep, lots of people keep them! They're very hardy and extremely long-lived for an araneomorph.

StAugBob

Arachnopeon
Araneomorph . . .new word for me. and versus Mygalomorphae. I learned something. did not know of these suborders. I have a lot to find out about spiders and is very interesting. Thanks for the info everyone.

NoahThomas43

Arachnosquire
That is a Kukulcania arizonica, because the hibernalis is much more brown. I had two female arizonicas, but sadly one died two weeks ago. The one that passed was the larger one of the two, I am assuming it was old age. I have a few posts of these spiders if you want to check them out. :)

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
That is a Kukulcania arizonica, because the hibernalis is much more brown. I had two female arizonicas, but sadly one died two weeks ago. The one that passed was the larger one of the two, I am assuming it was old age. I have a few posts of these spiders if you want to check them out. :)
Nope, arizonica is jet-black, has thicker femurs, and actually grows larger than hibernalis.

NoahThomas43

Arachnosquire
Right. Didn't even realize it was in Florida.

---------- Post added 07-09-2014 at 11:17 PM ----------

Oops, didn't realize he was in Florida. My mistake.