Spider ID help please!!

Arachnides Canada

Arachnopeon
I recently moved to a new location so have been enjoying seeing all kinds of incredible spider species, I have identified quite a few already but I am having some troubles with the ones posted below.

spider #1 came in on a fruit tree, and thinking it was caterpillars I took the leaf off… I have had them in a large yogurt container for the past week or so and today some of the spiderlings have started hatching! The mom died a few days ago so sorry if the pictures are not the best. (any idea why she would have died?

spider #2 I found in a orb web

Spider #3 was on a fence post with no seen web. I captured it to try and ID it and literally a day later she also layed a egg sac which has since hatched. I have already released her but still have all the babies.

all these spider where found in the Kootenays🙂 Thanks in advance!

Attachments

egyptiancrow

Arachnobaron
I'd not reccomend putting multiple spiders in one post for ID. generally youll get better results posting them one by one

the first is a crab spider. most likely Xysticus. she was probably at the end of her life cycle, most true spiders dont live very long at all

the lighting is very low, and the detail is muddled. The higher the detail and display of all the markings the better

8 legged

Arachnoprince
The first three could be some Heteropoda spider. Where are those spiders from (country?). Search for Huntsman spider or Heteropoda and watch the positions of the eyes on the pictures you'll find. Than you will know more... Nobody will give you an adequate tip what the cause of death was. There are too many options...

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The first three could be some Heteropoda spider. Where are those spiders from (country?). Search for Huntsman spider or Heteropoda and watch the positions of the eyes on the pictures you'll find. Than you will know more... Nobody will give you an adequate tip what the cause of death was. There are too many options...
Heteropoda are not found in British Columbia

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Are you certain? H Venatoria is pan-tropical. But that imaged spider isn't Venatoria, no moustache.
Not certain but that is well out of there usual distribution. They’ve also never been found there on Bugguide or iNaturalist so I think seeing any would be pretty rare. Any that would be there would be from hitching a ride on some shipment and I don’t think they could make a sustainable population in that environment

egyptiancrow

Arachnobaron
Are you certain? H Venatoria is pan-tropical. But that imaged spider isn't Venatoria, no moustache.
its absolutely not a huntsman in any way, you can see the eye formation is a crab spiders. Example: its just super dark and hard to see, so i dont blame you for not being able to tell
lighting is super important for identification

Arachnides Canada

Arachnopeon
I'd not reccomend putting multiple spiders in one post for ID. generally youll get better results posting them one by one

the first is a crab spider. most likely Xysticus. she was probably at the end of her life cycle, most true spiders dont live very long at all

the lighting is very low, and the detail is muddled. The higher the detail and display of all the markings the better
Thank you, I will definitely keep that in mind in to future. And yes I am sorry about that my phone has issues focusing of small objects.

Arachnides Canada

Arachnopeon
its absolutely not a huntsman in any way, you can see the eye formation is a crab spiders. Example: its just super dark and hard to see, so i dont blame you for not being able to tell
lighting is super important for identification
Yes, I am really sorry about that and the fact that most of them do not even show the right angles. I do not have internet except when I go in town so I could only use pictures I had on hand. I can defiantly get some more and aim for better quality this time🙂