Sperm Web Production??

Conart

Arachnopeon
So I bought this mature male B. vagans and paired it with my female one. I asked here last time and asked if I can pair it again to make sure the female is "good to go". Someone answered that I can, but I need to wait for him to make another sperm web.

My question is how long till he can make another spermweb? (I paired him last Nov.25,2018)
Just this night, I noticed that he made a pile of dirt from the webbed flooring he made. Does this mean he made already made a sperm web and ready to be paired again?

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
If he made webbing, I think it likely was a sperm web. Mature males wander (so no "putting down roots" in the form of a web) and generally don't molt again (so no molting mat).

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
Sperm webs generally look like thick strands of webbing when the spider tears it down. These aren't the best pics, but here's a rolled up sperm web from my Avic:

20180721_115826.jpeg 20180721_115803.jpeg

I haven't seen one from when they're actually loading their palps, but my understanding is that they make a web sheet that they climb under. I almost wonder if that "webbed flooring" you mention was the start of a new sperm web

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
1535755934420.jpg

Here is a male on a sperm web. Some males do make their webs horizontal, but a few of mine have made vertical ones.