Species change

FishermanSteve

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm puzzled, why has it taken you 6 years to know what an Lv looks like?
Back around 2008 I had picked up a lampropelma violaciopes at a reptile show. Then I found out I actually had a cyriopagopus schioedtei. I even read other threads that were posted her at the time and honestly nobody had a clue which was which. I had to give my Ts to a buddy when I joined the service and I never really thought about it after that.

notanarachnophobe

Arachnosquire
Back around 2008 I had picked up a lampropelma violaciopes at a reptile show. Then I found out I actually had a cyriopagopus schioedtei. I even read other threads that were posted her at the time and honestly nobody had a clue which was which. I had to give my Ts to a buddy when I joined the service and I never really thought about it after that.
Makes sense.Thank you for your service.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Nice species you have/had. That's really odd because around 6 yrs ago Lvs were around and I owned some. I can't imagine how you couldn't find a pic of mine, be it here or on a vendor site. So much for the internet!

cold blood

Staff member
schioedtei and the LV do not look anything alike.....now MM's do resemble one another, but females look nothing alike...no blues or purples on the schioedtei whatsoever.....this is a juvie female LV

FishermanSteve

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That's why I want to stay informed. I want to learn as much as possible so I'm not the guy trying to breed his vagans with an s. Rubronitens :banghead:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That is not new information to me. There are multiple ways to get a decent idea what T one has, such as contacting vendors, such as Swift's Inverts, or Netbugs. However if you didn't know of Kelly or Ana back then, I can see why it took you 6 yrs. The good news, now you know and can get some!