Spare Enclosure... What should I fill it with?

Noodile

Arachnopeon
After a disastrous attempt at DIY my P.Irminia's new home started to collapse and I had to do an emergency re-housing. I went out to get her a new temporary enclosure and returned with 2 Eco Terra Nano Tall terrariums.

So now I have a spare enclosure I'm forced to find a new tarantula to live in it. I'm probably looking for an arboreal. I currently have just 2 arboreals, the P. Irminia and a P. Pulcher.

Any suggestions?

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
IMO Caribena versicolor is a must have arboreal, absolutely stunning and not as fragile as made out to be with the right care. Other than that Avicularia minatrix is on my personal wishlist, they are a bit smaller than average though. I just adore their colors.

TheFox

Arachnopeon
If you already have two arboreals you should switch it up and go for a terrestrial just for some variety. I mean, do what you want, just my two cents :)

Tia B

Arachnopigeon
If you're up for a little more speed, I suggest a Tapinauchenius gigas. It's a tarantula that I personally plan to get eventually, not that expensive and beautiful. They're bright orange. I've heard that their venom is actually less potent than that of P. irminia, but they are just ridiculously fast.

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
If you're up for a little more speed, I suggest a Tapinauchenius gigas. It's a tarantula that I personally plan to get eventually, not that expensive and beautiful. They're bright orange. I've heard that their venom is actually less potent than that of P. irminia, but they are just ridiculously fast.
Definitely agree with this, but T. Violaceus is more my color ;) Taps really are absolute speed demons from what I’ve seen and heard, definitely was looking at getting some myself recently.

Noodile

Arachnopeon
If you already have two arboreals you should switch it up and go for a terrestrial just for some variety. I mean, do what you want, just my two cents :)
I've got a few terrestrials. I'm thinking arboreal because the terrarium is not ideal for terrestrials. It has side doors, so can only hold a couple of inches of substrate without modification.

Noodile

Arachnopeon
T Gigas and Violaceus are both great recommendations... I might have to get another enclosure!

Noodile

Arachnopeon
IMO Caribena versicolor is a must have arboreal, absolutely stunning and not as fragile as made out to be with the right care. Other than that Avicularia minatrix is on my personal wishlist, they are a bit smaller than average though. I just adore their colors.
The Versicolour was top of my list, but I think the Tapinauchenius would be more my pace. I quite like the feisty nature of Psalmopoeus and really like the lack of urticating setae!

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
We don't actually know if they are less potent, could be. But they are absolutely gorgeous spiders, definitely an underrated species that I would highly recommend. 20171215_201904.jpg
Definitely agree with this, but T. Violaceus is more my color ;) Taps really are absolute speed demons from what I’ve seen and heard, definitely was looking at getting some myself recently.
Don't forget about T. sp. Union island. Beautiful tappie with bright green carapace.(Also known as Carribean diamond) 20171203_214556.jpg
After a disastrous attempt at DIY my P.Irminia's new home started to collapse and I had to do an emergency re-housing. I went out to get her a new temporary enclosure and returned with 2 Eco Terra Nano Tall terrariums.

So now I have a spare enclosure I'm forced to find a new tarantula to live in it. I'm probably looking for an arboreal. I currently have just 2 arboreals, the P. Irminia and a P. Pulcher.

Any suggestions?
You have two great psalmos, but you don't have the biggest and baddest of the genus. You need P.cambrigei. Probably my all time favorite species, and second to none when it comes to feeding time. 20170601_204754.jpg

Tia B

Arachnopigeon
The Versicolour was top of my list, but I think the Tapinauchenius would be more my pace. I quite like the feisty nature of Psalmopoeus and really like the lack of urticating setae!
I don't know what it is, but Avics/Caribenas just don't hold as much interest for me as other arboreals. I think they're beautiful, and I have an A. avic, but there's other species which I find much more intriguing.

We don't actually know if they are less potent, could be. But they are absolutely gorgeous spiders, definitely an underrated species that I would highly recommend.
That's why I chose to say "I heard" instead of just outright saying it. It's not something I can confirm.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
If you're going to go with Tapinauchenius species, be sure to house them a little bigger than you'd normally do. This genus does laps around a Poecilotheria on full speed. T.gigas can be defensive as well and is the biggest of the genus. T.violaceus is a tad smaller, mine's around 17,5 cm DLS.

If you like sassy, Iridopelma might also be a nice arboreal genus, lovely coloring and can be quite defensive at times.

Noodile

Arachnopeon
Ok. Asking for recommendations might not have been such a good idea. My collection is going to grow very quickly!
One advantage is that most of the species I've looked at tonight are not readily available, so I guess I'll be getting whichever one I find first.

Noodile

Arachnopeon
We don't actually know if they are less potent, could be. But they are absolutely gorgeous spiders, definitely an underrated species that I would highly recommend. View attachment 261379

Don't forget about T. sp. Union island. Beautiful tappie with bright green carapace.(Also known as Carribean diamond) View attachment 261380

You have two great psalmos, but you don't have the biggest and baddest of the genus. You need P.cambrigei. Probably my all time favorite species, and second to none when it comes to feeding time. View attachment 261381
Cambridge I and reduncus are both on my wishlist. I think this enclosure is a bit too small for the cambridgei.

Noodile

Arachnopeon
I don't know what it is, but Avics/Caribenas just don't hold as much interest for me as other arboreals. I think they're beautiful, and I have an A. avic, but there's other species which I find much more intriguing.

That's why I chose to say "I heard" instead of just outright saying it. It's not something I can confirm.
The venom isn't a problem. I definitely don't plan on getting bitten.

Noodile

Arachnopeon
At the moment I am more interested in the NW arboreals. For some reason they seem less popular than OWs. I think a lot of people look on them purely as stepping stones to pokies, but miss out on how interesting and beautiful they are.