Spadix Scorplings Tip

final-sting

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello to All !!

I have buy 3 Scorplings Hadrurus spadix, burn 3.2005 instar?? body about 15mm.

I feed them every 2 days 2 small chrickets.

Now have some of the spadix babys very small tanks, so i buy a small faunabox for the guys.
I take red desert sand on the bottom dry, and the top 20mm i make the red desert sand wet. And after dry out, i let one spadix in the new thank.

The scorp find the hole that i make for him in the sand, and start very fast to dig. He make a very long tunnel. I see the tunnel on the wall. I look with a lamp in the tunnel. He dont like this, after he close the windows with sand, so i not see in the tunnel now. :razz:

Here a pic:

So now i dont now its this a good idea to let him burrow?? I see hem no more :( , and he takes no food now for some days. I think not that the tunnel its colapsing. Not 100 % sure.

Maybe mold now? What you think its better take him out and lett him not much burrow the next time? (only fine sand, no good for make a tunnel)

here have many scorp pros, iam sure your have some good tips.

thanks and bye

final-sting

Black Hawk

Arachnolord
Old Timer
if you H.s. want's to burrow then that's probably a good thing. i would give him more sand, like a few inches, so that he can build a deeper burrow. if he is getting ready to molt then i think he is going around the edge to find somewhere to dig his burrow down deeper :? you'll have to add peat or coconut fiber to the sand and then wet and pack it down in layers when you're putting it in and let him back in once it's mostly dry. that way you can make sure the sand will hold up without collapsing :)

final-sting

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
the 3 spadix scorplings dig in the sand now for more as 3 weeks, and i look every day to the tank and i hope he come out freshly moult.

absolute no action in here tanks,what you think they are die? I fear so :(

what you think i sould maybe one dig up to look he not die? 3 weeks ist long or not?

OneSickPuppy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i havent seen a few of my scorpions in two months. luckily its just the emps.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
final-sting said:
the 3 spadix scorplings dig in the sand now for more as 3 weeks, and i look every day to the tank and i hope he come out freshly moult.

absolute no action in here tanks,what you think they are die? I fear so :(

what you think i sould maybe one dig up to look he not die? 3 weeks ist long or not?
in general a scorpion is better off in it's burrow. some species and individuals stay in their burrow for 99% of the time. It is easier for the to maintain humidity in a burrow. Also it seems likely a scorpion would feel less "stress" in a burrow. Molts are more likely to be succesful.

Finally, regarding digging up the scorpion: If you do so then it would be almost purely for *your* benefit. It is not likely the scorpion is in danger or injured. Further, even if it was injured you are probably more likely to hurt it rather than help it. Most arthropod cures effected seem to actually be more hurtful than harmful.

Some scorpions are all about patience. My suggestion would be to get some more scorpions, of a different species, to increase the chance of seeing them.

I have around ~70 scorps, adults and babies, and there are still times when i might not see *any* of them!

final-sting

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
sure i can not help the spadix scorplings moult or what ever.

But the hadrurus spadix scorplings its very difficult to get it to adult. Most hadrurus scorplings come not older as 3.instar. Not sure why, most have the same problem with hadrurus scorplings.

The point of interested for my:
I want know how much time hadrurus spadix scorplings normaly use for make a moult? Now its 3weeks or more dig in.
I think they did in for moult. But i think not they need some months for a moult.

Only adults can live up to 6months or more without food. But how long can live a 2-3instar spadix without food? weeks maybe months?
I hope not, but i think its maybe die....

I have now 9 scorps, and today i order 7 euscorpius italicus. And the R.junceus not dig and so i see it every day, the h. xanthopus and the h. arizionesis its everyday on tour in the tank :)

Last edited:

final-sting

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
After maybe 8 weeks i see the spadix scorplings live. I think all 3 have moult and live. On come out and i give him 2 small cricks.

now the hadrurus reach maybe the 4 instar...?

iam very happy that my hadurus lives {D