sore on T blondi help!!!!!

Trinity

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Help, what causes something like this? Is her hide too small? The aquarium is a 30 gallon, humidity is 75-80 and temp is 75. She has a leg span of may 6.5 to 7.5 inches (I've not measured since her last molt). She hasn't kicked hairs that I know of or had any reason to. The last time I saw her out a week or so ago she didnt have this.

Do I need to do anything for it?

I'm guessing she needs a new hide. But someone please help!

Attachments

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Looks fine to me, just a bald spot. They sometimes kick to line their burrow/hide, etc.

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
well she just seem to have no more hair, she for shore kicked some some

but what is that red spot ?

wolfpak

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
nothing to be concerned about. i have a T. blondi that has it's abdomen completely bald

Apocalypstick

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Don't you guys think that looks more like a raw spot than the rest of her balding back half ???

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Apocalypstick said:
Don't you guys think that looks more like a raw spot than the rest of her balding back half ???

No, it looks like a bald spot to me too.

-Mattyb

Huk7

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
As Becca81 said, it's just a good old bald spot, nothing to worry about. They do indeed line their burrows with hair, if the spider's out of the burrow and you're brave enough, just place your hand on the substrate in the burrow, then you will find where those hairs have gone!!!! But you will also be itching like mad for the next week!!!!!

This is just to give you an idea and is not a suggestion!!! :embarrassed: :D

With regards to the concern over the colour of the area, again that is normal and you will proabaly find that it may darken over time. But it is not a sore spot/wound etc.

Nice looking T !!!

AfterTheAsylum

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
There are two things this might be. As a keeper of many blondi's, I have experienced this. It can be a bald spot, but it can also be an ulcer. Neither of them are anything to worry about. Some of my apophysis have had ulcers and a few of my blondi's have as well. They look worse than what they are. If it is an ulcer, it will go away with the next few molts. If it is just a bald spot, it (the hair) will be back next molt. Fear not oh troubled one.

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So long as it isn't crusted with lymph, and it doesn't look like it is, it's probably just fine.

Trinity

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks for all the replies! I'm going to clean out her cage this weekend and put in fresh substrate and a new hide.

Another question: What is lymph? What does it look like? And what does it mean and what would I do if it was?

larboyd

RIESM
Hi,

If this patch begins to grow and forms puss, leak lymph or form a crust let me know and I will culture it for you. Hemolymph is spider for blood.

Best regards,
Larry Boyd
RIESM

Jaygnar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I second the kicked hairs. I dont think you're in any trouble unless the symptoms above occur. Just my opinion.

Stracs-arachs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
bald spot....

It is a bald spot from her kicking hairs....All my blondi have a spot just like that ......not to worry the T will be just fine and it will cover once she moults again. Later and goodluck, NICE T!!!!

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Lymph is basically tarantula blood. If you ever see your t oozing fluid from the abdomen or a leg, get a styptic on it right away (after cooling, if necessary, for aggressive ts)