Something weird in Avic cage

nickianderson

Arachnopeon
I found this weird thing in my A. avic's cage, burrowed in to the great stuff foam on the back. It crunched a little when I went to remove it, it also looks broke. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358131304.901658.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358131369.080905.jpg
It is hollow and swirled looking. My T wasn't near it, but I'm not sure if I should worry or not. I just got back from being gone all weekend and barely saw it.

Thanks!

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Do you feed your avic superworms? It looks like the end of a superworm, in any case nothing to worry about

spiderengineer

Arachnoangel
maybe you avic had a party while you were gone :)

no but seriously some kind of pupa case from a metamorphosis

nickianderson

Arachnopeon
maybe you avic had a party while you were gone :)

no but seriously some kind of pupa case from a metamorphosis
Haha I'm thinking all the T's and scorp did! I'm trying to figure out how it got in there and it must have been eaten or is hiding very well!

o0 Mr Ed 0o

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Have you fed your T wax worms? It looks like a moth might be hiding somewhere in the enclosure

nickianderson

Arachnopeon
Have you fed your T wax worms? It looks like a moth might be hiding somewhere in the enclosure
No I haven't fed any wax worms, I searched everywhere and didn't see one, but he/she is a very clean eater and I never find any remains, the isopods clean up at the bottom too. Also a very good eater, eats almost anytime I put food in there, except this last time, so it's very possible it has already been consumed!

Cydaea

Arachnosquire
If it's an empty pupal case or crysalis, there's also a chance that whatever crawled out of it has already become a snack. Or it's hiding somewhere.