Something in the air this new year

Graeboe

Arachnoknight
I just want to put this out there and maybe bring some focus on it because yeah I know it's the net but I like constructive conversations. Is it me just for the fact that I've really started reading more posts than just for researching on care for my specific tarantulas but are both tarantula newbies and veterans being more touchy and snippy with each other lately?

bchbum11

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Actually this board seems to be a much more hospitable place recently than it was several years ago. Not that it was ever truly inhospitable, but I can remember a time when a new member's question was likely to be answered by six or seven 'use the search thread' replies. All of the hot button topics (handling, OBT for first T, etc,...) are still going to draw negative responses, but they are typically framed in a much more PC manner than they used to be. The only real touchiness/friction I've seen is when a new member asks a question and takes offense to a blunt answer, and even those instances have been few and far between. Maybe it's just my perception that has changed, but I don't think so.

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon
I've only been on here for a year, but I've noticed that the threads are much more respectful than a year ago. There doesn't seem to be as many uptight, overbearing, need-to-switch-to-decaf fusspots on here as there use to be.

I've never been much of a fan of the nuke-you-because-I-don't-agree-with-you contributors, anyway.