Something besides a vial

miamc12321

Arachnopeon
I use pill vials for smaller slings, but condiment cups are good for slings as well.
I heard spice jars were good, too. To be so tiny, he's the darn bravest! I don't want too much room for him (or her... for all I know bean is a girl), but something with a tiny more room than a vial. Thanks for your reply!! I think souffle cups might be what I'm leaning toward. Or sauce cups.

cold blood

Staff member

I prefer them to vials as they are more easily ventilated, and offer more in terms of ground space, versus the vertical nature of a vial. I've noticed its easier to have issues with a vial, and one needs to be careful to not over-water...a mistake that's not as dramatic of an error in a condiment cup.

That said, thousands of slings have been raised in vials, have 3 in vials now...but I have like 200 in condiment cups....soooo.

Condiments are also free...and readily available....I prefer to save the vials for shipping than for general keeping.

miamc12321

Arachnopeon

I prefer them to vials as they are more easily ventilated, and offer more in terms of ground space, versus the vertical nature of a vial. I've noticed its easier to have issues with a vial, and one needs to be careful to not over-water...a mistake that's not as dramatic of an error in a condiment cup.

That said, thousands of slings have been raised in vials, have 3 in vials now...but I have like 200 in condiment cups....soooo.

Condiments are also free...and readily available....I prefer to save the vials for shipping than for general keeping.
Then this is what I need! :) I love this little feller. He's a little comedian to be honest. I just caught him drinking out of his tattoo ink pot! A first for me!

Ant

Arachnopeon
Wholeheartedly agree with CB. When I started out in the hobby, I was using the classic sling vials but their depth meant that slings would frequently burrow right down and as already mentioned, there's a lack of floor space. Making vent holes in the vials requires a small drill bit or the hot nail/paperclip method; whereas you can put vent holes in a delicup with a drawing pin. I now use 1oz delicups for the smallest slings and 4oz for larger slings.

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
I picked this up at the container store today. I like it much better. My husband had to have the flower... :)
Only the flower? That one deserves the flower, and the candlelit dinner, and the ice cream dessert afterward.