Someone special

Spinnenfritzi

Arachnopeon
Do you have a T which you especially adore because of its behaviour?
Whos your lovechild and why?

For me its my little Thrixopelma ockerti she's active
and curious and never stressed out when i open the enclosure. She even crawls to my fingers. And she hunts like artemis on crystal.

1000002166.jpg

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Biophilia, Brachypelma baumgarteni
RDT_20240105_061900527206354816399915.png
Screenshot_20240105-062623.png

She is a silly one. Her intermolt periods are something fierce, a lot of bulldozing, but not like you think...she likes to flip her cork bark around, save for this one piece pictured. She also likes to squeeze through tight spaces. She usually doesn't bypass that corner without squeezing through it, and takes most of her meals there. She tampers with her lid when she is hungry, throwing a temper tantrum that could rival a toddler.

Every now and then the meal does not satiate her lid tampering, so I give her special treatment that I only give my mature males when it's go time... Open lid, and a tiered platform down to freedom. I let her explore for a little bit while I readjust her cork bark and clean out her water dish. She tolerates being guided back into her enclosure so well, and then the moment her last leg is on the ground of her enclosure, I get one single kick. 🤣

I tell her all the time that it's a good thing she's pretty.

ladyratri

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
See thread:
🤣🥰

Wolfram1

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
IMG_20220922_121653.jpg
Momma Bear (Lasiodora parahybana)

first spider i ever bred sucessfully and my largest one, she has quite the personality and would get that "Phffoto" from Heidi every time.

Last edited:

8 legged

Arachnoprince
For me G. pulchra is the king in the spiders world and I love my old big mamma! Since two years she is always out without a break...
She is 13 years old now and the body length is nearly 10 cm...

emartinm28

Arachnoknight
0CD2C38C-D333-4EE9-B391-B95025AF56B9.jpeg
Caribena laeta. She wants to kill me everyday, yet this is the only picture I have of her since she fears the camera, bolts whenever it comes out. Why? No idea

Mike Withrow

Arachnoknight
My Cyriopagopus albostriatus. Although it's a hard toss up between all my others but,she's always at the entrance to her burrow, unless she's in pre molt.
Never ever had a threat display.
And her enclosure lid is not easy to get off and she hardly ever is skittish while I'm taking it off to feed her. You definitely do not want to put your finger in front of her but, compared to all my other ow spiders she's an absolute doll.

Pictures of her are on my thread. I'll have had her Three years this April.

Cmac2111

Arachnomac
Arachnosupporter
My subadult aphonopelma sp. michoacán, 'speedy' gonzales, is a unique little thing. Named her after the famous cartoon mouse himself cause my god this girl is like a coiled spring, ready to go off at any moment. She isn't defensive, she doesn't ever kick hair, but what she does do is randomly bolt at the speed of light in random directions everywhere with no provocation. Her speed puts my huntsman spider to absolute shame lol, defo the worlds fastest aphonopelma if you ask me! Super fun this girl, and some hunter to boot!

image_50462465.JPG image_67234817 (1).JPG

Sugarpill

Arachnosquire
My C. cyaneus has the most incredible enclosure out of all my babies, she particularly has very intense home keeping habits and tastes, I’ve never seen a cooler habitat than what she’s made hers into. Webbed dirt curtains, extravagant bedrooms, she knows what’s up. Need to get some up close pics~ Plus, she gave me tons of windows to look through as she dug so I can peep whenever I want :p

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
IMG_8871.jpeg

She’s a bit manic and secretive, but so spunky, and does cool stuff like slapping the substrate to startle crickets that have stopped moving so she can locate them.

Also, despite the species reputation, she has never given me even a threat pose.

SpookySpooder

"embiggened"
Arachnosupporter
View attachment 464392

She’s a bit manic and secretive, but so spunky, and does cool stuff like slapping the substrate to startle crickets that have stopped moving so she can locate them.

Also, despite the species reputation, she has never given me even a threat pose.
Is that Augacephalus ezendami? Simply stunning.

8 legged

Arachnoprince
My subadult aphonopelma sp. michoacán, 'speedy' gonzales, is a unique little thing. Named her after the famous cartoon mouse himself cause my god this girl is like a coiled spring, ready to go off at any moment. She isn't defensive, she doesn't ever kick hair, but what she does do is randomly bolt at the speed of light in random directions everywhere with no provocation. Her speed puts my huntsman spider to absolute shame lol, defo the worlds fastest aphonopelma if you ask me! Super fun this girl, and some hunter to boot!

View attachment 464364 View attachment 464367
Stunner!!!

SpookySpooder

"embiggened"
Arachnosupporter
Ahhh the patterns and colors on both those baboons really make me happy. Too bad I don't have either... too afraid of their reputations.

That's a really good photo of an Hmac, probably the best I've seen so far.

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
Oh gee, this was hard. Each of my T’s is special to me for their own individual quirks. As I have limited space and have to keep my group small, my general motto is that there are too my different T’s out there to raise more than 1 of a species. The exception to that is my genic. When my Sacha bear matures and leaves to do his business, I will 100% have another. IMG_9942.jpeg
My daughter nicknamed him “the Architect” when he first arrived as he immediately set up the environment to his liking. He’s always been active, a fun hunter to watch and very chill. Some of his antics are in my photo thread. He already has his date when he matures and I’ll be sad to see him go, but glad he gets to pass on his genes.

SpookySpooder

"embiggened"
Arachnosupporter
Oh gee, this was hard. Each of my T’s is special to me for their own individual quirks. As I have limited space and have to keep my group small, my general motto is that there are too my different T’s out there to raise more than 1 of a species. The exception to that is my genic. When my Sacha bear matures and leaves to do his business, I will 100% have another. View attachment 464422
My daughter nicknamed him “the Architect” when he first arrived as he immediately set up the environment to his liking. He’s always been active, a fun hunter to watch and very chill. Some of his antics are in my photo thread. He already has his date when he matures and I’ll be sad to see him go, but glad he gets to pass on his genes.
He's quite handsome. I can see why you're in the cult.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Primrose is an extra spicy ball of pink fluff that thinks she's the single most terrifying arachnid to ever exist. Very defensive, food motivated, and attacks everything that moves with a vengeance. I find it adorable and hilarious. Here she is threatening to kick my butt when I'm attempting to refill her water dish. IMG_20231125_211433785~2.jpg

8 legged

Arachnoprince
The extremely defensive ones always amuse me too! As if the size difference was completely inconsequential.