Some sort of spider in with my crickets??

slayer sl8

Arachnopeon
What spider? link to pics inside

Hi guys,
Ok, i went to my local store 2 days ago and got my self a p.striata sling.
At the same time i got some really small crickets for it. I got home and gave it one ( nailed it! ) but before i closed the cricket tub i noticed a small spider in there along with a moult hangin from the lid by a thread? Its really tiny but with long legs and is very fast! the markings are faint but it looks like it has 2 or 3 bands of black on each leg, a black jagged stripe down the centre of its ass with the rest of the spider like a sandy color. Any idea's?? I did try to get pics but its that small the camera wont capture it good enough.

Last edited:

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi guys,
Ok, i went to my local store 2 days ago and got my self a p.striata sling.
At the same time i got some really small crickets for it. I got home and gave it one ( nailed it! ) but before i closed the cricket tub i noticed a small spider in there along with a moult hangin from the lid by a thread? Its really tiny but with long legs and is very fast! the markings are faint but it looks like it has 2 or 3 bands of black on each leg, a black jagged stripe down the centre of its ass with the rest of the spider like a sandy color. Any idea's?? I did try to get pics but its that small the camera wont capture it good enough.
Ass ? Be more scientific man . Abdomen . Just put it in a container with substrate and feed it and see how it turns out .

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It would probably be a good idea for both of you to watch the language as stated in The Rules

I know its not the worse swear word out there, but there are rules to the forum located here. Not trying to tell you what to do or yell at you or anything because im not a Moderator and its not my business, but I figured I would give you guys a heads up so it doesnt become a habit and get you infractions.

-Jake

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Smallara, Actually that would be opisthosoma- if you wanna be more specific/scientific, that is ;)

Terry

slayer sl8

Arachnopeon
It would probably be a good idea for both of you to watch the language as stated in The Rules

I know its not the worse swear word out there, but there are rules to the forum located here. Not trying to tell you what to do or yell at you or anything because im not a Moderator and its not my business, but I figured I would give you guys a heads up so it doesnt become a habit and get you infractions.

-Jake
i did not think another name for a donkey was a swear word my bad :?

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It's very likely a Thanatus vulgaris. They're known for being found in cricket shipments, containers etc.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i did not think another name for a donkey was a swear word my bad :?
Ok, but thats not the context you used it in. Like I said, its not a terrible swear word, and its not really my business, but I thought I would give you a friendly warning to save future infractions. Im not here to argue man, and im not meaning to come off snotty or hostile or anything so I apoligize if I am.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yea pictures would probably help a ton for others to ID (true spiders arent my thing). I know you said you cant get a close picture but could you get a far away picture and then edit it to zoom in and crop it?

slayer sl8

Arachnopeon
Ok, but thats not the context you used it in. Like I said, its not a terrible swear word, and its not really my business, but I thought I would give you a friendly warning to save future infractions. Im not here to argue man, and im not meaning to come off snotty or hostile or anything so I apoligize if I am.
Its cool dude, i was just havin a laff. I have some pics but they aint the best will see what i can do. Im thinkin venom may be right though!

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I always hear stories of spiders coming in fruit shipments from different countries and I thought thats just the coolest thing. It would be awesome to find a T from another country in a shipment of bananas, although it might not be so cool to find certain other species of true spider, lol.

slayer sl8

Arachnopeon
I always hear stories of spiders coming in fruit shipments from different countries and I thought thats just the coolest thing. It would be awesome to find a T from another country in a shipment of bananas, although it might not be so cool to find certain other species of true spider, lol.
They have one in my local store that was brought to them from a banana shipment at the supermarket, its a small orange spider but they said its feeding well and as soon as it hits the cricket they are dead! no idea what it is though, uploading pics now anyway, have a link shortly!

LINK>>> http://img687.imageshack.us/i/21062010385.jpg/

The Spider Faery

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
As venom mentioned, it looks to me like Thanatus vulgaris seems to fit, based on the picture and that they are commonly found with feeder crickets.