Ethmostigmus trigonopodus trigonopodus

A little cleaning :)

Scolopendra cf. aztecorum

Orthoporus ornatus

Thanks for looking! :) -Chad

Last edited:

shebeen

Arachnobaron
Awesome photos. I love the Orthoporus ornatus shots. I may have to get some of these.

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
I was wondering when you would get the urge to shoot a few 'pedes...very nice pics, Chad.

Edit: I don't suppose you have any pics or crops of the 20th set of legs, right before the terminal legs? Full antennae pics?

Last edited:

tmcv

Arachnosquire
Awesome pics Advan.
Let ask you something: Is impression or this Scolopendra cf. aztecorum is translucent?? Sorry i didn't know this animal. In the pic a thought I saw it's heart and tracheal ramification. I'm right?? If it is, this animal is the veterinarian's dreams!!!!
I would love if my viridicornis was translucent, it'll be WAY easier to get some hemolymph sample!!!!

congrets about the pics!!

dactylus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Beautiful pics Chad!! Thanks for shooting them. I'm already ready for the next session!!

BTW the predatory mites will be arriving tomorrow for "cleanup on aisle S. cf aztecorum"

:eek:

Greg Pelka

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Great photos!
But Scolopendra subspinipes subspinipes is just an ordinary Ethmostigmus trigonopodus trigonopodus ;)

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Wow brilliant pics and nice pedes.
Thanks Mark! :)

Awesome photos. I love the Orthoporus ornatus shots. I may have to get some of these.
Thanks! They are nice critters!

These are outstanding!
I was wondering when you would get the urge to shoot a few 'pedes...very nice pics, Chad.

Edit: I don't suppose you have any pics or crops of the 20th set of legs, right before the terminal legs? Full antennae pics?
Thanks John! Yeah, I just never had a chance really until I "forced" David to let me shoot his! hehe

I might, which species are looking for? Or just any?

Awesome pics Advan.
Let ask you something: Is impression or this Scolopendra cf. aztecorum is translucent?? Sorry i didn't know this animal. In the pic a thought I saw it's heart and tracheal ramification. I'm right?? If it is, this animal is the veterinarian's dreams!!!!
I would love if my viridicornis was translucent, it'll be WAY easier to get some hemolymph sample!!!!

congrets about the pics!!
Thanks tmcv! It looks to be sort of translucent, I know David mentioned one of those is due for a molt. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it or just the high powered flash getting through the exo. I'm not a pede guy so I'm not too familiar with anything about them! :eek:

Great pics! Thanks for sharing.
Sweet pics o love close ups
Thanks guys! :D

Beautiful pics Chad!! Thanks for shooting them. I'm already ready for the next session!!

BTW the predatory mites will be arriving tomorrow for "cleanup on aisle S. cf aztecorum"

:eek:
Thanks David! These were fun to shoot, I should of tried some actual full body shots, but oh well. :)

Those are great pics!, been looking at them for a couple of days.
Thank you Sir! :D

WOW....awesome photos...i cannot wait till i get a pede/nz native.
Thanks! :)

Great photos!
But Scolopendra subspinipes subspinipes is just an ordinary Ethmostigmus trigonopodus trigonopodus ;)
Thanks Greg! David wasn't too sure of the species hence the question marks behind the name. Thanks for clearing that up! :D

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
I might, which species are looking for? Or just any?
Haha, forget to mention which one. Oops! In particular, if you get the chance, the creature labeled cf. "aztecorum". I believe krabbelspine had the opp. to examine one in person and concluded that it was another color variant of polymorpha. Even so, I'm enamored with these and was hoping to get another look at those two characteristics(antennae & leg 20).

Hey Greg! I know you have some Thailand pics just burning a hole in your harddrive;)

Greg Pelka

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Actually malaysian and singaporean photos too ;)
Next week I'm going to Cameron Highland - keep your thumbs for some nice 'malaysian jewel' shots :)

dactylus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Great photos!
Thanks for the clarification on this! That particular pede has been in my care for 8-10 years now and I wasn't sure what it was classified as when I first acquired it. Thank you for clearing that up.