Some Orthochirus scrobiculosus negebensis that i found in Thursday: 2 adult dance, and 1 clawless..

rony

Arachnopeon
in Thursday i traveled to the south in Israel, and i found 5 Orthochirus scrobiculosus negebensis:

after i returned from the desert, i put the 2 adults in the same container, without any hope that something will happened, and this is what happened:

with a lot of caution, i transfer them to a bigger tool with some dirt from the desert:

(the male move its tail up and down over and over before it put the spermatophore on the stone)

and after the male put the spermatophore on the stone, the female was stay on it just 1 second before it run away. do you think it worked?
anyway, one of them i found was without one claw. here the miserable:

Last edited:

TCO

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Super cool, great pics, thanks for sharing! :D

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
One of my friends is on vacation in Israel for Passover. I told him to try and find some scorpions to photograph for me. I forgot to mention how small OSN's are to him though {D

Either ways, good looking specimens. A very fun and unique species to keep as well.

Koh_

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
im too jealous now. like too much. hahaha

rony

Arachnopeon
thanks for all the replies!!!

and someone know the answer to the question i asked?
the female was stay on the spermatophore just 1 second before it run away. do you think it worked?

SixShot666

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
NICE FIND RONY!!! :clap::clap::clap:
These guys are truly beautiful. I love how their metasoma is always hanging over their body.

SixShot666

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
thanks for all the replies!!!

and someone know the answer to the question i asked?
the female was stay on the spermatophore just 1 second before it run away. do you think it worked?
Sorry but most of us probably never owned this species of scorpion. 1 second is awfully quick, hopefully the female picked it up before dashing off.

Well there's only one way to tell, just wait and see how's things goes within the next 5-8 months.

Goon_CH

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Wow, really great photos of beautiful animals.

Big congratulations

Mvskokee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Awesome finds man! I wish we had species like that to catch here.

TheScorpionLord

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Man, You think that nothing would live there but at night its just crawling with life lol thats cool

SixShot666

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hey Rony, you was able to find these scorpions there??? :?
WOW!!! Are they communal?? Or did you found them a couple feet from each others?

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Very cool species. The habitat actually looks sort of like my neck of the woods, North Eastern Arizona, on the Colorado plateau. The only scorpions I've ever found are little yellow Paruroctonus.

JOhn