Some of My Chameleons

Brad Ramsey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Here are some pictures of a few of the chameleons I am keeping.
I currently have 35.
3 different species (Ch. calyptratus, T. cristatus and R. brevicaudatus)
Baby calyptratus make up about 1/2 of the total count (there are 18 right now).

-Brad

edit: I wanted to include more but do not have enough attachment space.
Hope you enjoy the 3 I was able to put up.

-B.

Last edited:

CodeWilster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If I ever expand out of "bugs" the first thing I will get will be chameleons. They are absolutely amazing animals. Beautiful pictures and specimens!

On a side note: You should open up a photobucket account and upload your pictures there. You won't have to attach anything and you can put up LOTS of pics at a time! If you didn't already know :)

Brad Ramsey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thank You!
I work very hard to keep them healthy and in good condition.

Yeah ... I've never taken the time to figure out the photobucket thing ... I need to do that.

-Brad

pouchedrat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Beautiful!!! Veileds have always been my love. I miss my boy Karma sometimes, and I still own the 100 gallon reptarium he lived in (thankfully they break down pretty nicely and store easily). I had him from a 3 week old baby until he was 4 1/2 years, then a move to another state stressed him out enough to stop eating, it was pretty depressing...

Doubt I'll keep a chameleon again, but veileds always were my fave choice. Such nasty little things, even as babies!

scorpio1

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
wow they are awsome they all look so healthy, i take it your ch. calyptratus doesnt like cameras

bkelley02

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Years ago I had some Jackson's. Had 2 females and a male. Had them about two weeks, and had a surprise waiting for me when I got home. I looked in their enclosure and thought they had pooped all over the place. I mean EVERYWHERE!!! :eek: I then looked closer and found the little turds weren't turds at all, but babies. :D

Beautiful shots by the way.

Brad Ramsey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
wow they are awsome they all look so healthy, i take it your ch. calyptratus doesnt like cameras
Thanks.
They don't mind the camera so much, but he was outside in that picture and I have found that their demeanor can be quite different in natural sunlight.
That male in particular becomes very aggressive. Not necessarily a bad thing, the sun feels good to him and he gets a little feisty!

-Brad

Brad Ramsey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Years ago I had some Jackson's. Had 2 females and a male. Had them about two weeks, and had a surprise waiting for me when I got home. I looked in their enclosure and thought they had pooped all over the place. I mean EVERYWHERE!!! :eek: I then looked closer and found the little turds weren't turds at all, but babies. :D

Beautiful shots by the way.
How did you do with those babies?
Not the easiest species to raise from a neonate.

-Brad

bkelley02

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
How did you do with those babies?
Not the easiest species to raise from a neonate.

-Brad
Not very well. Only about half of them would eat, and I can't remember what the name of the magazine/flyer was ( dedicated to Chameleons ), but I gave the rest away to someone in Mass. that had experience raising them. Felt awful as they were so cute and totally unexpected, at least not that quickly. I had zero time to prepare for that.

Brian

Brad Ramsey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Not very well. Only about half of them would eat, and I can't remember what the name of the magazine/flyer was ( dedicated to Chameleons ), but I gave the rest away to someone in Mass. that had experience raising them. Felt awful as they were so cute and totally unexpected, at least not that quickly. I had zero time to prepare for that.

Brian
You shouldn't feel bad. They are hard and if you were not ready for the arrival, that would just add to the difficulty.
The magazine was CIN ( Chameleon Information Network)
Did you give them to someone you contacted through CIN?

-Brad

scorpio1

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks.
They don't mind the camera so much, but he was outside in that picture and I have found that their demeanor can be quite different in natural sunlight.
That male in particular becomes very aggressive. Not necessarily a bad thing, the sun feels good to him and he gets a little feisty!

-Brad
ahh ok sound kwl, its good that they get to go outside not many days here when it would be warm enough

bkelley02

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I did, but it was a long time ago and can't remember who it was now. Probably 15-16 years ago. Close to that at least. CIN is a quarterly flyer, right? Black and white only. Or at least it was back then.

Brad Ramsey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
CIN is a quarterly flyer, right? Black and white only. Or at least it was back then.
Yes it was
Unfortunately it is no longer being published.
I wasn't keeping chameleons in those days, but I have managed to get my hands on some important issues (at least for me they are important;) )
Several months ago a collection of all the issues went for several hundred dollars on e-bay.
I was bidding on it, but it quickly became too dear for me.

-Brad

bkelley02

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I may still have some in the attic, If I find them and you want, you can have them.