some new pictures!

Struckanerve

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Finally got my T

so today i went to the reptile swap, and picked up my first T. it was hard cause there was so many. but i ended up getting a Avicularia. Avicularia. i got it for 12 bucks. its a little over 2". before u say anything this home is just temp. i know it likes tall homes. the new home is in the making. just got to get some furniture lmao. but here are the pics. lol a funny story when i was trying to transfer it to the enclosure it totally bolted out of the little container it was in. and ended up on my bed. my heart raced for a few seconds lol. so i put out my hand and it slowely got on it and it allowed me to set it in the cage. :) it didnt even get mad or anything.

Aunt Ant

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice deal for a good-lookin' little avic! Congrats on getting your first, I still recall the feeling; it's very exciting (not that getting other ones isn't, but the first one felt momentous, after 4 months of researching Ts)
Anyway, yeah it looks good. Technically you could use the kk there if you turned it on its side, so the avic will web up the corner as opposed to under the lid. But if you're designing a new tank now that's great. Kk's on their sides don't look so hot imo. Good luck finding some cool furniture

lol yeah your heart can skip a beat if they move fast all of a sudden, but Avics really are sweet. Have fun with the hobby :)

Struckanerve

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Night Shot

i was bored, so i decided to take a night shot of my A. Avic out at night. it likes to chill in the middle of that bark. its web is up at the top. it just molted about a week ago

here is 2 of the same pic, just one is more closer.

Struckanerve

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
here are some pictures i took last night and today. my irminia did all that webbing yesterday. starting from when i went to work till i passed out. it was pretty amazing to watch! also i finally got a picture of my h.mac. i bought it over a month ago and this is one of the first times i have seen it since! its about 2.5" still unsexed.

enjoy the pictures!

P.Irminia 3" female

H.maculata 2.5" U

Moultmaster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Those are beautiful T's. Your H. mac looks outstanding. I think one of the reasons your irminia used so much web in her retreat is that it doesn't look like she's been provided with an upright piece of bark to make a proper arboreal retreat. Thus she had to use almost entirely webbing. Throw one in there and she'll love it.

Struckanerve

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
if u actually look at the pic of the irminia either the first 1st or 2nd there is a hole that goes pretty far down between the cork bark. it has always webbed like crazy in all its enclosures.

Struckanerve

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Freshly Molted Cyriopagopus schioedtei

so after her disappearance for about a month, i came home tonight to her finally out. she is probably a little over 4in. She seems to be afraid of nothing. she is always out. these are the best pics i could get. enjoy!

Struckanerve

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My A.Versi

So my female A.Versi finally molted and came out tonight. Sorry it was hard to get a picture through the plastic! lol but she definitely got some more color.

Struckanerve

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Singapore Blue

Here is my Singapore Blue i just received from Robc. She is surprisingly pretty docile. Also this is the tank i just made for her. I tried something new this time. I put a foam piece up on top and cut some holes out. Was just trying to see what kind of light effects i got. I might mount some white and red led's for day/nighttime viewing. Once again thanks rob for this beautiful T!

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Cool T. Sort of regret ever trading mine away, but hey what can you do. Anyways, do you plan on keeping that light on the enclosure like that? I don't really think it's necessary. Hopefully that was just temporary to get the video.

Struckanerve

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yeah its only for display purposes. they get enough light from my windows in my room.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Awesome, nice set-up and i am glad you like her!

Endagr8

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
She'll be purty when she molts.

What do you use to keep the plexiglass doors shut on your aquariums? They look pretty nice.

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Whats wrong with her abdomen? She looks pretty rough/underweight.

Struckanerve

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
some better shots of her. This species always looks duler under the natural sun. or maybe its me.... lol