Solutions to Tarantula up Sleeve/pant leg.

klivers

Arachnopeon
Thanks for all the replies. I have just recently purchased H. mac., P. regalis, P. miranda, P. tigrinawesseli, P. pulcher, and P. cambridgei. Wanted to know possible solutions. My P. irminia has escaped during a transfer, but was able to catch it quickly because it stopped in a shadow area on the wall.

pocopelo

Arachnopeon
Nylon bag method?
Get a bag over the enclosure, let the T go in there, turn the bag close carefully so the T does not get hurt, and place bag over new enclosure. let the T go in unharmed.
Just make sure you have your eyes on the T as they can still bite through the bag. It has not happened to me, but some people reported this.
Anyway, you always should handle T carefully and with attention to what´s going on.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Thanks for all the replies. I have just recently purchased H. mac., P. regalis, P. miranda, P. tigrinawesseli, P. pulcher, and P. cambridgei.
That's an impressive list of arboreals.

Msh

Arachnosquire
Not an option with some really itchy species. I rehoused a T blondi once without a shirt on. Big mistake.

---------- Post added 06-16-2013 at 07:21 PM ----------

I just rehoused my parahybana a couple days ago with similiar results. I was thinking about putting on a shirt but didn't feel like it. Then when I tried to get her into the holding container she gives me a nice showering of hairs. Luckily I don't react too badly to hairs. I gave my hands and arms a good spraying off with the hose which I think helped out alot but I was still feeling some itch. Especially in my armpit regions where I'm guessing my movement helped some hairs get embedded.
As far as as spiders getting in my clothes I've managed to avoid that situation.
I'd recommend tucking your pants into your socks, spiders will be too busy laughing at you to run anywhere and even if they do they won't be running up your pants. For your arms I'd say rubber bands or tape around the cuffs or sleeveless shirts maybe.

Arachtion

Arachnobaron
5 words

uticating hairs and unmentionable places

those hairs are like sand at beach sometimes you just cant be sure how they get where your find them o_O
I can vouch for that, suffice to say I will never mess with Theraphosa sp. in loose fitting shorts again....

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
This might help!
Actually, that's pretty close to what I wear when I do cage transfers and pair up Theraphosa. Long sleeves, long pants, leather yard gloves, covered shoes, a face shield and 18" tongs. To avoid being hit by a cloud of burning hairs, it's certainly not being overdressed.

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
Rehouse in a giant, clear lawn and leaf bag. Escape becomes a non-issue.
Yes, I do this with some of the faster unpredictable species. coughEphebopuscough. I had a tappy do this to me. not up my sleeves but up my arm so fast I couldnt react, before I knew it was chillin on the back of my neck, on that bone at the top of your spine, couldn't really reach it, and had to sit still until it got bored and ran down my other arm.

that was fun.