So weird...

FuzzOctave

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
:confused: My S. rubronitens is webbing herself a very elaborate silk bowl, as though she might be laying a sac. The weird part is that she molted a few months ago and has NOT been any where near a male. :confused:

On the upside, she's doing a splendid job, and maybe she's trying to tell me she'd like to have a visit. I hadn't considered ever breeding her, but if I find a male, perhaps I will.

Londoner

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
She may be getting ready to lay a dud sac. I've had a couple of females do the same thing (P. fasciata and A. geniculata). If she does produce a sac, just make sure you take it out before it gets moldy (that's if she doesn't eat it in the meantime :D).

FuzzOctave

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
She's in the process of wrapping them up as I type this. Of course, I'll be taking the sac away, as it is infertile. Though it is a dud, it's quite fascinating to actually watch the process. I've seen tons of video footage, but never actually witnessed this activity. I am now seriously contemplating the chore of finding her a MM.

miarachnids

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have two large female S. "rubronitens". They both make phantom sacs every year.