So i made this Program (Tarantula Keeper)

JimPP

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello Arachnoboards :)

I have developed alittle peice of Software to manage ones tarantulas, It still have some bugs, but it might be usefull for some of you collectors :)

I am aware that there are other alternatives, im not looking to compete wiht anyone, this software is free to use and distribute as you feel like! Im not saying this is better than others, this just suited my needs.

Features
- Add/Edit Tarantulas
- Synchronization wiht online Database gives you the latest Scientific names
- Save feeding times and items
- Save molts past and present
- Notes for logging event to the individual spiders
- Tools for Reports in Text or HTML

And other stuff

Notice - First time it is running it may be pretty slow, this is do to the Software creating some files for data, please be patient :)
http://www.worldoftarantulas.com/TSetup.msi

If you exspirence any error then please let me know by PM so I can correct these, to you have ideas for features, then please throw a PM my way - any idea is welcome! Also missing species, let me know and they will be on the list shortly.

biomarine2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Might try adding inches to go along with the centimeters. I am highly impressed with your software. This fits my needs perfectly since I record feedings and molts. Thanks for this.

Ts are #1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
K i just got it working but it wont let me add any of my t species anyways thank you for the website its very helpful:D

Dave

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I need it for 64 bit Vista too.

Last edited:

KJE

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I really like this program! There are a few other things I like to keep track of, though. I like to record when I got it, who I got it from, how much I paid, and the original size. I also like to record when I mate them, whose male I use, and the result of the pairing. I also like to record when sacs are laid, pulled, and the result of the sac. A place for the common name would good, also.

I guess I'm a little obsessed. Sorry.

Last edited:

biomarine2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I really like this program! There are a few other things I like to keep track of, though. I like to record when I got it, who I got it from, how much I paid, and the original size. I also like to record when I mate them, whose male I use, and the result of the pairing. I also like to record when sacs are laid, pulled, and the result of the sac. A place for the common name would good, also.

I guess I'm a little obsessed. Sorry.
I do the exact same thing.

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
when i try to run it after downloading it says..."tarantula keeper has stopped working"

any advice to get it running

moose

JimPP

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi.

First, thanks to all of you have reported back wiht errors it helps alot!!!

Regarding new functionality, I am developing a breeder and dealer functionality.
In the next version, you will be able to:
- Registre sales. (With tracking/buyer info)
- Add deal information on specific spider.
- Note if a spider has died.
- Breeding logs, and most importantly note when a male matures.

It seems that 64-bit users are having alot of problems running the software, it is build to work on both 64-bit and older processors, i will try to make a version only for 64-bits hopefully next week.

I have made alot of improvements and fixed some rather critical errors, so I highly recommend downloading the latest version.

Remember to BACK-UP all the data files, go to Settings and select a backup folder, then use the menu item unden Files, to make the software perform a backup. Uninstall the old version of T Keeper and Install the new, then copy back the data files.

I will make the upgrade process easier in the next version - promiss!
http://www.worldoftarantulas.com/TSetup.msi

Last edited:

mxslanksta

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
pretty good

the progams definitly cool. im just having some problems editing my already added spiders. could just b that im overly tired and its right under my nose or its not there.....idk;P . cant wait for the new version. great job.
later, nick

KJE

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm trying to create a back-up with the older version and I keep getting an error that reads:
No backup created, please select a Directory under Settings
Error Code: 001

When I try to change the directory for the backup it won't let me.

TiberiuSahly

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
^^^ Same problem here. Tried creating back-up too and it won't work. In rest the program is good. Hope this gets fixed and more options to come.

Congrats and regards!

blooms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Like the program, but you may want to add Chilobrachys guangxiensis. Also, would be great if you expanded it into other inverts like centipedes or scorpions.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Syndicate should get this program, looking at his mondo collection. Hehe! ;P

hotguy92

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok i tryed the new one and it wont work either.thats a bummer cause this is something i could use.