So I made an application...

tisha

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone!

A lot of updates and new features have been added to ExotiKeeper!
Added Scorpion, Centipede, Other Pet and Reptile categories. And the Amphibian category will be included in the next update!

All users have unrestricted access to Scorpion, Centipede and Other Pet categories.
Non-donate users can use the Reptile and Amphibian categories but is limited to one slot per category, with unrestricted access to all features such as adding Maintenance, Weight, Length, Health Check and Personal Injury entries and view histories.
Health Check include notifications for the follow-up checkup, and chart feature for Weight and Length histories.

Here's the app's website

Here's the app's fb page

tisha

Arachnopeon
I've just released a BETA version of ExotiKeeper with Amphibian category!
Reptile and Amphibian categories no longer have slot restrictions. I don't have time to deal with Google Play's in app purchase. :D

If you'd like to test the update out, please open the link below and click the button "BECOME A TESTER".

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.myexoticpets.p3kb

Please remember to create a FULL BACKUP of your data before installing the update.

USNGunner

Arachnosquire
Just installed ExotiKeeper for my T's records. Can't wait to try it out. Thanks for doing this Tisha!

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Managed to transfer over all of my data from the Tarantulas app to this one without too much hassle, been using the app for about a month now and all good so far.

I did send an email to the support address listed enquiring about permanent ad removal but have yet to receive a reply.

tisha

Arachnopeon
Managed to transfer over all of my data from the Tarantulas app to this one without too much hassle, been using the app for about a month now and all good so far.
Awesome! Please let me known if ever you experience issues. :)

I did send an email to the support address listed enquiring about permanent ad removal but have yet to receive a reply.
Which support email address did you send the message to?

TheHound

Arachnoknight
I'm using the Tarantula-specific one; I think it's just called "Tarantulas". I did read that this wasn't being supported now. Is there a compelling reason to switch to Exotikeeper if I only keep Ts and the app is working fine (except for the DropBox backup for some reason)?

tisha

Arachnopeon
I'm using the Tarantula-specific one; I think it's just called "Tarantulas". I did read that this wasn't being supported now. Is there a compelling reason to switch to Exotikeeper if I only keep Ts and the app is working fine (except for the DropBox backup for some reason)?
If the app works for you with no issues, then there's really no need to switch. My only concern is that you cannot make a cloud backup since Dropbox is no longer working. If something happens to your device, you'd lose your data. I suggest that you manually copy your app data to your computer regularly.

As for switching to ExotiKeeper, if you do not need the other categories, you can turn them all off. And you can use the import function to move all your Tarantulas app data into ExotiKeeper, no need to type them one by one.

TheHound

Arachnoknight
If the app works for you with no issues, then there's really no need to switch. My only concern is that you cannot make a cloud backup since Dropbox is no longer working. If something happens to your device, you'd lose your data. I suggest that you manually copy your app data to your computer regularly.

As for switching to ExotiKeeper, if you do not need the other categories, you can turn them all off. And you can use the import function to move all your Tarantulas app data into ExotiKeeper, no need to type them one by one.
Thanks. Is the DropBox issue with the app in general, not just mine?

If ExotiKeeper is easy to import to, is still supported (and will be in the future) and backs up to DropBox fine, then I may switch.

tisha

Arachnopeon
ExotiKeeper is now available on iOS!

Version 3.17.50 is now available for download!