So I made an application...

Keith B

Arachnobaron
Ooo I like updates! :) Thanks! I appreciate all of our input you're taking in. Some of the ideas are a bit vague though. I haven't done anything with the urticating bristles line for example. We know very little about what type many tarantulas have, and I definitely am not going to get haired by all my specimens to guage itchyness lol. Having the line is harmless though. I just get worried about it going from streamlined to cluttered if too many lines show up for things we're not sure what to enter. That said, on the previous suggestion I think that the current setup you have for pre molt is perfect. Any guesses to when it starts is speculation and not hard data, and if the T buries itself the owner will never know anyway.

I think what would be more useful is adding the same reminder system you have for feeding, for water dish maintanence. As collection numbers climb I'm noticing that it gets harder to keep track of who's dish was just topped off recently as opposed to thoroughly cleaned. I've been using your app since it's come out and this is all I would add. I think it's perfect. Thank you for all your wonderful work :) If I see anything else I would need as I progress into new challenges I'll be sure to ask.

xirxes

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Any chance for an iPhone AppStore port?

Start a kick starter campaign for funds if you must, I will contribute and spread the word heavily next month at SD reptile suoershow!

tisha

Arachnopeon
Ooo I like updates! :)
Thanks Keith!
Yeah, I haven't used the U-bristle field myself. ;)

I'm working on adding some options to hide 'T Group', 'Received From', 'Longevity' and 'U-Bristle', and also if/when added, option to hide 'Water Maintenance' and 'Pre-molt date'. :)

Any chance for an iPhone AppStore port?
I can't guarantee that there will be a version for iOS.
Maybe if some other programmer can start making it, then I'd be glad to help.

Last edited:

tisha

Arachnopeon
*PLEASE BACKUP YOUR DATA BEFORE INSTALLING THIS UPDATE*

Version 2.01.41 is now available for download!
Updates and Fixes:
» Fix some 'force closes' on 'About Me' page
» Add Pre-molt date (beta), displays MM-DD-YYYY fields in T add/edit after marking 'Pre-molt' checkbox, enable/disable from settings. If enabled and marked as pre-molt with valid date assigned, 'Days Pre-molt: X' text will be displayed in T list.
» Add 'water maintenance' (beta) to T Edit, long click the water droplet icon to give water, adjust water date via the menu options
» Add 'Water' (beta) to Ts List, via multi-select (Available for Android 2.3 and up)
» Add 'Ts to Water' (beta) to Ts List menu options if 1 or more Ts need watering
» Add option to show/hide 'T Group' fields via settings
» Add option to show/hide 'Received From' field via settings
» Add option to show/hide 'Longivity' fields via settings
» Add option to show/hide 'U-bristles' fields via settings
» Add option to show/hide 'Water Maintenance' fields via settings
» Add option to show/hide 'Pre-molt date' fields via settings
» Add option to show/hide 'last mating' (for sexed adult) fields via settings
» Add option to show/hide 'last egg sac' (for adult female) fields via settings
» Add option to show/hide 'last sperm web' (for adult male) fields via settings
» Add feed icon over T list pic if T needs to be fed
» Add water icon over T list pic if T needs to be watered
» Add auto assign type, venom, longevity, u-bristles, temperature (low and high) and humidity (low and high) on change species in add/edit T if data is available (beta)
» Add 'Feed History Maintenance' to 'More' menu options
» UI adjustments
» Bug fixes
Please download it from http://tarantulas.p3kb.com/
Thanks!

tweakz

Arachnosquire
I will love you forever if you end up with an iOS version, iTarantula sucks.

Keith B

Arachnobaron
It was okay when it released, but the developer seemed to just bail on it. It's very basic, and therefore sucks lol.. Thanks tisha! Super excited to try the new features :)

tisha

Arachnopeon
Wow this is amazing... I will test it out a bit later today
:biggrin:

I still have no plans to start development for iOS... sorry... :pray:

It was okay when it released, but the developer seemed to just bail on it. It's very basic, and therefore sucks lol.. Thanks tisha! Super excited to try the new features :)
:happy:

I haven't tried that app but I checked and seems that it focuses more on information about each species.

Keith B

Arachnobaron
I bailed on iOS. Android ftw! Yeah the developer of itarantula posted on here back when it was created, but just bailed on it shortly after. The platform was a very good start. Had a nice database of info he had gathered for many kinds of Ts, and your basic care tabs for your collection. There was much room for improvement oibviously since it was a new app, and he bailed. It's still virtually the same as it was on launch day. Even worse it cost money, at least at that time. The develpoer just money-grabbed his customers.

xirxes

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
IOS or bust!

Seriously though I have no doubt I can get a few grand for any willing and capable programmer through crowd funding.

tisha

Arachnopeon
Version 2.01.44 is now available for download!
Updates and Fixes:
» Hide 'Adjust Water' menu option from T edit if 'Water Maintenace' is hidden
» Hide 'Mating History' menu option from T edit if 'last mating' is hidden
» Hide 'Sperm Web History' menu option from T edit if 'last sperm web' is hidden
» Ts to Feed notification adjustments
» Add option to show 'last water' in T list, enable/disable from settings
» UI adjustments
» Minor bug fixes
Thanks!

tisha

Arachnopeon
Version 2.01.50 is now available for download!
Updates and Fixes:
» Add option to show an icon for 'SOON' T to Feed, set minutes before schedule from settings
» Add option to show an icon for 'SOON' T to Water, set minutes before schedule from settings
» Add 'Days Pre-molt' to new molt, turn on/off via settings -> 'Add days pre-molt to new molt if available'
» UI adjustments
» Bug fixes
Thanks!

purevl

Arachnopeon
Love the app & have it on a couple devices (Galaxy S4 & Kindle Fire) but I have found one device where it's only half usable. Samsung's Galaxy Tab S has changed the standard button layout. Where most Android devices have Back & Menu as soft keys, the Galaxy Tab S has Back & Recent Apps as soft keys, there is no menu key anywhere on the device. So, while all the app's onscreen functions still work great, there is no access to any of the menu-only functions (backup/restore, feed history, duplicate T, etc.). Would it be possible to add a menu button onscreen somewhere? I know screen space on phones is lacking so it's totally understandable if there's no room for one.

philthyxphil

Arachnopeon
Just downloaded this, initially it seems like a 5/5!

---------- Post added 08-13-2014 at 10:05 AM ----------

Is there any way to set the feeding schedule to a calendar instead of every____ days? That way my T maintenance falls on the same days and makes it easy. Also, is there an option to set how many of each feeder is being given?

tisha

Arachnopeon
Love the app & have it on a couple devices (Galaxy S4 & Kindle Fire) but I have found one device where it's only half usable. Samsung's Galaxy Tab S has changed the standard button layout. Where most Android devices have Back & Menu as soft keys, the Galaxy Tab S has Back & Recent Apps as soft keys, there is no menu key anywhere on the device. So, while all the app's onscreen functions still work great, there is no access to any of the menu-only functions (backup/restore, feed history, duplicate T, etc.). Would it be possible to add a menu button onscreen somewhere? I know screen space on phones is lacking so it's totally understandable if there's no room for one.
Bad Samsung! ;)
I'll look into this this weekend.

Just downloaded this, initially it seems like a 5/5!

---------- Post added 08-13-2014 at 10:05 AM ----------

Is there any way to set the feeding schedule to a calendar instead of every____ days? That way my T maintenance falls on the same days and makes it easy. Also, is there an option to set how many of each feeder is being given?
I'm not sure about the calendar assignment if the app can still be adjusted since it will be a big change to the existing feature.
With regards to number of feeders, I just add it like "cricket (2)" or "lats (3)".

Edit: I'm not sure if this will work, assigning feed date like "feed every 15th of the month". I don't know if this is what you were thinking.

Last edited:

philthyxphil

Arachnopeon
Edit: I'm not sure if this will work, assigning feed date like "feed every 15th of the month". I don't know if this is what you were thinking.
That is what I was thinking. It's still an awesome app either way and I've already put my Ts into it!