So I made an application...

johandenver

Arachnopeon
Great :)

Also somekind of "undo" function would also be really nice. I removed a molt date by mistake and since I have auto save enabled it automatically saved my mistake :)

/johandenver via Tapatalk

tisha

Arachnopeon
Version 1.9.17 is now available for download!
Updates and Fixes:
» Changes to Add/Edit T page title
»» Display T name, genus and/or species if available
»» For Add Tarantula
»»» An asterisk (*) will be added at the start of the title to indicate it as ADD or NEW T
»»» Title is 'New Tarantula' until you've entered a name, genus or species
» Fix previous molt cycle age calculation
» Fix setting save bug when disabling swipe action in T edit page
» Add 'Revert Unsaved Changes' to add/edit T page via menu options
» More UI adjustments
» Some other bug fixes
Please download it from http://tarantulas.p3kb.com/
Thanks!

TCVulpes

Arachnopeon
Missing Euathlus sp Red

Under Euathlus I'm not finding sp. red. Is this an oversight or is there another classification for them?

tisha

Arachnopeon
You can use 'add genus+species' from the options menu to add missing species.

tisha

Arachnopeon
Version 1.9.20 is now available for download!
Updates and Fixes:
» Add 'switch T info' option to use swipe gesture or onscreen direction arrows, change from settings
» App behavior updates
» Fixes for sort by received date
» UI adjustments
» Bug fixes
Thanks!

Oumriel

Arachnosquire
This is very well done, nice work! If only I had more Ts to keep records of... If there were accounts, I would officially volunteer my services if any one needed their collection info added... (said my ocd love of filing and record keeping) :D

johandenver

Arachnopeon
While working with my tarantulas I just thought of another feature that would be very nice to have...

If a tarantula has no picture and you click on the default one, that would open the camera. Also it would have to ask if you want to keep the picture or try another one before saving it to the current record since otherwise you might end up with a crappy picture and do the whole thing over again.

I constantly find myself clicking the picture instead of opening the camera when I want to take a picture for a T.
Then I have to exit the application, start the camera, take the picture, exit from camera, start the tarantula app, scroll down to where I was before and continue.

---------- Post added 04-05-2014 at 06:35 PM ----------

Here are three more things that people might find usable:

- Multiple databases (I sure could use this - I could have one for my snakes for instance)
- iOS support (I know this has been talked about before but I might have to switch to an iPhone soon :)
- Integration with some sort of online saving functionality (Dropbox?)

tisha

Arachnopeon
Camera App: I'll try to work on calling an installed camera app for this function.
Maybe on 'change' click, a popup box will let you choose if the photo will come from your gallery or if you would like to take a new one with your installed camera app. It think the camera app that you can choose will handle saving the new photos.

Multiple databases: I think this should be a different app since icons and messages are all about spiders.

iOS: I still don't know how to program in iOS, no time to learn and if I'm not mistaken, you'll need a mac device to develop on which I don't have. ;)

Sync: I'll try to study the dropbox api, but this will require the app to have internet permission, which I really don't want to add, but we'll see.

ieatkats

Arachnopeon
Awesome app love it so far!! This question may have already arised seems i didnt read all 11 pages to the thread but i like to record my t's growth at each molt. Is there anyplace to put this besides in the notes section? Keep up the good work!

tisha

Arachnopeon
Hi! What I do is add the current size (in inches) after each molt date.

01-14-2014 <Days Prev: 27> <Days Hungry: 9> ~1
02-13-2014 <Days Prev: 30> <Days Hungry: 13> ~1.5
03-09-2014 <Days Prev: 24> <Days Hungry: 10> ~2.25
04-01-2014 <Days Prev: 23> <Days Hungry: 7> ~3

Note: Date, days prev (days from last molt) and days hungry are automatically added when adding a new molt date.

ieatkats

Arachnopeon
Hi! What I do is add the current size (in inches) after each molt date.

01-14-2014 <Days Prev: 27> <Days Hungry: 9> ~1
02-13-2014 <Days Prev: 30> <Days Hungry: 13> ~1.5
03-09-2014 <Days Prev: 24> <Days Hungry: 10> ~2.25
04-01-2014 <Days Prev: 23> <Days Hungry: 7> ~3

Note: Date, days prev (days from last molt) and days hungry are automatically added when adding a new molt date.
thanks for the advice problem solved

tisha

Arachnopeon
Version 1.10 is now available for download!
Updates and Fixes:
» Replace 'Days between last two molts:' with 'Prev Molt Cycle:' for all display settings
» Update molt cycle age calculation to be more accurate
» New Change T Pic option, take a new photo using an installed camera app
» Option to bulk update/delete used feeders, via 'More' menu option from Ts list
» Option to bulk update/delete 'Common Name', via 'More' menu option from Ts list
» Option to bulk update/delete 'Received from', via 'More' menu option from Ts list
» Some other bug fixes
Thanks!

Sebastien

Arachnopeon
that is so ausome man thank you ive just downlaoded it to my android device ill test it out and give a feedback pretty soon .

tisha

Arachnopeon
Version 2.0.0 is now available for download!
Updates and Fixes:
» T list UI adjustment
» Add pacifier icon over T list pic if T is a sling, same position as egg sac icon
» Add 'Sex', 'Life Stage' and 'Molt Status' to T search
» Add 'Summary' via 'More' menu option from Ts list, show 'male.female.unsexed' count grouped by species, genus or all ts, suspect male/female will be counted as unsexed
» UI adjustments
» Bug fixes
Thanks!

Last edited:

Bird Man

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just downloaded 2.0 after having an earlier version, but when my phone needed to be replaced I forgot to download this app again. Is it possible to be able to backup our data in a cloud service? It really is a pain to have to re-enter in all the data for every single spider, and I don't have nearly as large a collection as I used to have.

Also I have found a rather annoying bug in 2.0 already. When I'm adding in a new spider if I try to add a picture, when I click save it tells me it is saving, but then exits the app and tells me it stopped responding. When I go back in the app sometimes the info has been saved, without a picture and sometimes nothing has been saved at all. Out of 25 spiders I entered I was able to get it to successfully save 3 with pictures.

If I just save the data and then go back to add a picture the same thing happens. Tells me it is saving, then exits and says it stopped responding and no picture gets saved.

tisha

Arachnopeon
Hi, do you still have the old phone?
What phone and android version do you currently have?
Also, can you provide your old phone model and anroid verion?
I just need to know if the image issue is caused by the app or by the images itself due to difference in phone specs.

Bird Man

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi, do you still have the old phone?
What phone and android version do you currently have?
Also, can you provide your old phone model and anroid verion?
I just need to know if the image issue is caused by the app or by the images itself due to difference in phone specs.
No I don't have the old phone. When they gave me a replacement, I had to send it back to ATT.

Currently I have the Galaxy s4 and I'm running kit kat on it.

The Old phone was also a Galaxy s4, but the version of android was the one that came out before kit kat. I think it was called Jelly Bean