SNIPER! Man down!

Paladin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I know this isn't the first time it has happened, especially those of you who are quite fond of your avics.

Last night I removed a juvenile male versicolor from its shipping container and tried to coax my girlfriend into holding it. (She supports my invert interests, but is a look don't touch person) I was going over the basics before handing it over making sure to emphasize the colors of course, and the calm disposition.

Just as I was about to transfer it into her hand, you know exactly what happened! The little guy (2-3 inch) turns away from her and releases the fury of its projectile poop right onto her chest. If you guys could be a fly on the wall at that moment you would have almost died laughing as I just about did. The look on her face was absolutely priceless. All she could do was shake her hands and scream followed by her dashing to the bathroom yelling OMG OMG OMG it pooped on me! You didn't tell me it did that! NOT OK! THIS IS NOT OK!

I told her its a taste of whats to come when she decides to have kids because I'm sure many of you here have been nailed by your babies and their full bladders....

Anyway no pictures, but an awesome memory.

Also, I'm not one to name my inverts other than assigning a letter/number combination. But this guy will be known as "shooter" (...mcgaven from happy gilmore)

Julia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Good story!!! I love it! I have a very similar one. Only.....I was educating my guy about tarantulas, and I was letting my B. vagans crawl around my hands/arms/floor/wherever she wanted to go. She "released" on my hand and I said, "Ohh!" and he said, "SHE POOPED ON YOU!!!!" and had a serious laughing fit about it. Fond memories... :D

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
thats awesome man, i know how girls get when that sorta things happens too...but it was actually selling point with one of my customers, he was into the thought of owning his first T, so busted out this decent size (2.5") B. albopilosum and he was handling it, and outta no where it shat all over his hand...he looked at me as if shocked. i told him, well they do that from time to time, i think this one likes you. he said "thats cool, ill take it" and since then has bought an avic for the laugh factor of the poo-shooting.

gumby

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Good stuff! Reminds me of the time I was showing a bunch of college students my Ts. I had my trusty A. versicolor on my hand and was explaining how docile they were to about 60 of them seated lecture style in rows and my 3.5" versi decided there was to much action and shot down the middle of the rows. no one got hit but a few 19 year old ladies decided they had had enough and left. Most people thought it was great including me :D

current218

Arachnopeon
And yes, kids do the ol' aim n' squirt :)

Shooter Jennings got his name from peeing on daddy Waylon. "i shall name him... Shooter!"

Paladin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
And yes, kids do the ol' aim n' squirt :)

Shooter Jennings got his name from peeing on daddy Waylon. "i shall name him... Shooter!"
Thats exactly how I said it! Reminded me of finding nemo...

whitewolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Ha Ha. After reading this made me think of my Avic Avics first day out for photos. Had her on kitchen floor and had read several post just like this saying Avics did that. Well snapped a ton and as she was slowly scurring across the floor looked at her camera in hand and said, "Eee I aint seeing no poo shooting outta her no..." bam she got me right in the hand. LOL. Caption was labled as told ya so.{D Cute name by the way.

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
My kids and I were handling an A. avic and right when I took the T back from the kids to get ready to put the little bugger back it shoots...

Right in my eye:wall:

The kids were Laughing their checks off. It was priceless.;), and they got learn first, er.. well second hand one of the neatest defensive behaviors of the Avicularia genus.

One an observation note, the excrement didn't really sting or cause any discomfort to my eye. It was no worse than saline drops.

CUebbing

Arachnopeon
Love it, thanks for the laugh. {D {D {D
I can really appreciate this as an avic owner and parent.

Londoner

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My kids and I were handling an A. avic and right when I took the T back from the kids to get ready to put the little bugger back it shoots...

Right in my eye:wall:

The kids were Laughing their checks off. It was priceless.;), and they got learn first, er.. well second hand one of the neatest defensive behaviors of the Avicularia genus.

One an observation note, the excrement didn't really sting or cause any discomfort to my eye. It was no worse than saline drops.

Haha! I nearly suffered the same fate when I was swiping my P. fasciata's eggsack. She was throwing threat poses left, right and center, when all of a sudden she dropped her forelegs flat, arched her abdomen back towards her carapace and fired off a squirt at my face! The only reason I managed to dodge it was because I'd backed off a bit at the height of her threat-posing. I'd much rather be hit by the BACK end of a pokie than the sharp end though :D .

sean-820

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
at least my versi doesnt shoot poo, but my avic does all the time if i take her out. Also the sides of her containor have a bunch of poo spladder well my versi has no poo on the containor walls. One of the reasons i like my versi much more then the avic.

Randomhero148

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Mine did it just couple days ago.. It reminded me of that movie star ship troopers when those big bugs put they butts in the air and shoot those things out. It did the same exact thing.