Snake survives sadistic act of cruelty

leo3375

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Not sure where to post this, but I seriously hope that they find the sickos who did this and nail THEM to a pole!

http://wbztv.com/watercooler/Snake.nailed.to.2.731597.html
Snake Survives Being Nailed To Pole In Lawrence
LAWRENCE (WBZ) ― Lawrence officials are investigating a bizarre case of animal cruelty in which a pet python was nailed to a telephone pole with six roofing nails and left to die.

A reward is being offered to help find whoever nailed the python to the pole at an intersection on Lexington Street, where he was left dangling for at least eight hours.

"There were five to six roofing nails that were nailed into various parts of his body, and people said they saw him up there around 7:30 in the morning when kids were going to school but no one called until 3:30 that afternoon," said MSPCA Officer Martha Parkhurst. "I have a feeling he got put there sometime during the night."

The snake has six puncture wounds, including one near its head. It is being cared for at the MSPCA in Methuen.

The snake, which has been affectionately named Trent after the lead singer of Nine Inch Nails, is recovering from its wounds. Parkhurst said it is expected to be OK.

"It's one of the more bizarre things I've come across in the years I've been doing this," Parkhurst said. "Obviously the person's sick, and they didn't intend to kill him right away or they would have put the nail directly into his head."

Parkhurst said the pet snake appeared to be well cared for before the incident.

Animal cruelty is a felony in Massachusetts, which is punishable for up to five years in state prison and/or a $2,500 fine.

Parkhurst said a $500 reward is being offered for information leading to the person or persons responsible for nailing the snake to the pole.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the MSPCA Law Enforcement Department's hotline at 617-522-6008.
It sounds to me like this was an act of revenge on someone. And the fact that none of Trent's vital organs were damaged is remarkable. Either the perpetrators knew a thing or two about snake anatomy, or it's some sort of coincidence.

Also the Animal Control officer who freed him from the pole initially called him Verizon but the MSPCA staff and vets thought Trent was a more suitable name.

HKronos

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I hope they get them too. What a repulsive and heinous act.:evil:

Nightshade

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That's disgusting.
Too bad the snake didn't get loose and strangle them.

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Latro:
Sadly,

If it did...the headline would probably be.

Pet snake kills person!!!!

Zoltan

Cult Leader
Old Timer
Looks like a ball python, am I correct?
After reading or hearing about such cases, I just wish there were an entity somewhat "higher" than us (like snake --> human) and would actually do something similar to people who commit such acts. That would put them in the snake's role, and they would experience what it feels like to be defenseless.
F..k, I get so pissed off when I see such cases in the news, that I'm glad I'm far away from those people, otherwise I would end up in prison. lol

sarraceniashawn

Arachnopeon
So horrible, glad its going to be ok. I agree with the previous statement that who ever did it should be nailed to a pole, and id be glad to do it. lol

EightLeggedFrea

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It's stories like these when I hate people like my mother, who hates snakes. Odd considering I keep tarantulas, scorpions, etc. I hope they do find the momsers who did that.

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
No words could describe the hate I have for the people who did this. They deserve to be nailed to a pole through various parts of their body.. Id be oh so willing to do the nailing. How could you be so demented in the head...

Scott C.

Arachnofloater
Old Timer
....Id be oh so willing to do the nailing. How could you be so demented in the head...
Don't know.... Perhaps you can tell us though....

Why is it that when horrible stories like this come out of the woodwork, many are so quick to express an inclination to commit the very same act they claim to despise?

arachnocat

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Because people who hurt animals for no reason other than their own enjoyment deserve to be punished... severely. Or should at least get psychiatric help because there is something seriously wrong with people who do crap like that.

Last edited:

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I wonder if that snake on the new Indiana Jones movie survived after being used as a rope to rescue our heros from the quick sand? :D

hehe sorry I couldnt resist ;)

Vietnamese510

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
w

WOW

i couldnt belive my eyes i have a baby girl just under 2 feet.
i really think they should be punished and i hope they find those people.
and i do agree with arachnocat, if that was my bp i would have done the same everyone else said to do.

Last edited:

mikeythefireman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Because every single one of us has the capacity for evil. It's how we repress those feelings and desires that differentiates us from those that disgust and repulse us.

Kind of obscure reference, but I like the punishment doled out for the vandals of Robert Frost's domicile. Forced poetry appreciation classes. The optimism in that discipline choice is refreshing and inspiring.

Why is it that when horrible stories like this come out of the woodwork, many are so quick to express an inclination to commit the very same act they claim to despise?

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer

Thanks Scott! I dont think nailing them to a pole would really get across the point that what they did is wrong. An eye for an eye only works if your Republican. ;)

Id vote for alot of community service helping animals, and education about the about the animal they abused. Many people commit the animal cruelty acts they do out of ignorance. There is never an excuse for it, but there certainly could be prevention.