Snake or scorpion?

BelfastScorpion

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This is going to sound very strange. However, I have pet scorpions and my mate has a pet snake. He thinks snakes are the best and cooler pet, and I think scorpions are the best and cooler pet. My other friend is fed up listening to us debating it, so he has decided to conduct a survey.

So as silly as this sounds. Please vote!!! :)

I have to try and get as many votes for Scorpions as possible. Simply because they are the best animals and pets.

Thanks

David Craig
BelfastScorpion

errit

Arachnolord
Old Timer
There is no wright or wrong. it is just a matter of opinion. If you like scorpions than they are the best pet for you. Your friend likes snakes so those are the best pets for him. Though i would say it would be a lote more dangerous keeping venemous snakes than scorpions.

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
errit said:
There is no wright or wrong. it is just a matter of opinion. If you like scorpions than they are the best pet for you. Your friend likes snakes so those are the best pets for him.
complete lies lies lies... :D

scorpions are by far better; they cost less, they sting things, you can feed them live prey; its easy to breed them, they dont take up much room, they smell less than snakes, they wont eat your cat, they have claws! and and and and and for the space you need to keep 1 snake, you can keep way more scorps

hope this helps :)

port513

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
G. Carnell said:
complete lies lies lies... :D

scorpions are by far better; they cost less, they sting things, you can feed them live prey; its easy to breed them, they dont take up much room, they smell less than snakes, they wont eat your cat, they have claws! and and and and and for the space you need to keep 1 snake, you can keep way more scorps

hope this helps :)
True, I kept 2 Burmese pythons and they took up damn to much space.

I can keep about 300 scorpions in that space ;)

NoS

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have kept both throughout time. I have had all kinds of reptiles.
I will say this for scorpions, I have NEVER been so intrigued by an animal, that I have had as a pet, like I have been with my scorpions. I was up till almost 4A.M., last night, watching these little critters run around and cleaning their claws and I even watched one up close eating a criket. I watched how it moved its jaws and I just couldnt believe how neat it was.

Dont get me wrong, I do enjoy snakes, but they are just so borring some times and there is not much to them as far as interesting goes. These scorpions have been around for millions of years and have not changed much because they are perfect in their ways.

I do wonder which has been around the longest.

I had more than just a few snakes so I had to raise rats in order to afford to feed them. I hated the rats. I hated the horrible smell. I hated everything about raising and keeping them. If I had just 1 snake though it may not be so bad, but I would still enjoy my scorpions more. I know for sure.

All in all, I love the fact that you can keep so many different species of scorpions and only use up a small amount of space. Scorpions are killing machines. Snakes are too but not as adapted as snakes imo. I will say this though, I have more respect for a scorpion than most snakes. Even with my Imperators I am nervous about having my hands near them. I do not hesitate around boas, pythons(except carpets), and allot of other non venemous snakes, and if I did get a snake again it would probably be a carpet,(beautiful snake).

The most important thing here is... to each their own. As long as you have vowed to take care of your pet the best way possible.

Scorpions do kick major ass though. :}

SpaceHawk

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well.... I love scorps a lot, but I love Emerald tree boas probably as much, so I agree that its a matter of opinion. Scorps are way better as far as space is concerned for sure! i use to have a 7' croc monitor that I kept in a 3'x5x8' cage, and it was almost too small, imagine how many scorps you could keep in there? To end the whole argument, just say you love him more...then he may get a little freaked out and stop talking for a while... ;P {D

demolitionlover

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah I love both... but scorps a little more. Shhhhsssshh. Don't tell my herps that. : )

Spacehawk is totally right about the space thing.

ScorpDude

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
snakes all the way :D

any george, a few points:
1. snakes don't smell, its when you don;t clean them out that they smell, and if you can't be bothered to do that, you shouldn't have them ;)

2. If your stupid enough to not feed your snake, then scent your cat with a dead rat, then introduce them then its your own fault your cat gets eaten :p

3. your scorp could kill your cat though.

at the end of the day... I'd much rather see my snake strike at a dead mouse than a scorpion chase down a cricket (although it is fun).

BUT after saying that, I'm getting a scorpion soon (too many spare crickets and stuff...)

mimic58

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I guess it depends , Do you want a pet you can handle or a pet you can watch?

A scorpion i think its alot more active an will show alot more ,However a snake is great to handle they become very tame an certanly bond to there owners on the down side there very inactive , when i feed mine i cant handle it for a good week , also theres long fasting periods when they shed Personaly id sooner have a desert hairy

ScorpDude

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
mimic, every snake is different. corns are very active, and with most snakes you can hold 1 day after feeding.

avd88

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ill have to vote both ways, Im intrigued both by scorps and snakes, theyre beautiful and very interesting animals. :cool:

jw73

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Snake or scorpion :? :? :? Ts of course!!!
Seriously scorpions are better pets then snakes but this is only their owners choice. Don't discuss about likings.

Kali

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
granted, i probably have entirely too many pets, i have more scorpions than snakes. i also probably fuss over my scorpions more than my snakes as well.
most of my houseguests feel otherwise.