Smithi or Boehmei

beanb142002

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Boehmi because I have a Smithi already and my collection needs to grow. Plus I plan on breeding and selling the babies.

Clement

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
im going with boehmei too. there is more orange o there legs...but smithi are great too

shanebp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Smithi, IMO they look nicer, but then again, IMO the Auratum is the best!

DemonAsh

Arachnosquire
I would say the Boehmi. I haven't had an adult yet, but from the pictures I've seen, the Boehmi always seems fuller and brighter... :D

I must accept the things I cannot change? No, I must change the things I cannot accept. - RM

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hard to say, I really like both. But I'd have to see B. boehmei. I haven't had one yet but they're so gorgeous! But then again B. smithi is the CLASSIC tarantula, you really can't go wrong with them. If I'm not mistaken I think B. boehmei tend to be more skittish too, I can't verify this, I've never owned a B. boehmei. I DO have a B. smithi and I think he tends to be pretty skittish, though that seems to be a new development, he used to be a lot more calm.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
boehmei will kick more hairs,asd it is a more skittish and nervous T.

elportoed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have both. I was more attracted to the B boehmei at first, but as the time goes by, I become to like the B smithi just as much.

Like most posts said, B boehmei tend to kick hair very readily.

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Which one do you like more and why?
Brachypelma smithi - Pretty docile, get to a good size, great eaters, and kicks less hairs.

Boehmei are more attractive but, very nervous and quick to kick hair.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would have to say the B. smithi.. I think its because I have 2 females..
They are gorgeous.. But mine tend to be very skittish & quick to kick hairs..

I would like to breed my female.. But I cant seem to find a MM for her..

Crows Arachnids

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Who is the better Brachypelma?

Personally I prefer Brachypelma boehemi over smithi because of the sheen of red it develops. That of course is entirely based upon looks. I prefer the temperment of the smithi very much over the boehemi, you can't have it all :)

sean-820

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
No personal experience for either, but i like the looks of bohemi over smithi, but both look great so you cant go wrong

flyguycolorado

Arachnopeon
Personally I prefer Brachypelma boehemi over smithi because of the sheen of red it develops. That of course is entirely based upon looks. I prefer the temperment of the smithi very much over the boehemi, you can't have it all :)
+1 it's all up to looks but I vote Boehmei

MichiganReptiles

Arachnobaron
I don't have either yet, but (I'm the odd ball here, I guess) I think the smithi is a lot more attractive than the boehemi.

Moose9

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Brachypelma smithi - Pretty docile, get to a good size, great eaters, and kicks less hairs.

Boehmei are more attractive but, very nervous and quick to kick hair.
Just what I was thinking, I agree. My B. smithi's kick hairs, but my female B.boehmei is just ridiculous at kicking. I just touch her container and she start kicking hairs before the lid comes off. Then I suffer for a few days so she can eat.

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Smithi all the way! IMO because they usually dont flick hairs as much (from my experience), aren't freaking skittish, and are classic. I find their patterns to be more attractive also! But auratum IMO is my fav! ;)

belljar77

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My smithi is pretty cool, always out, a serious prey wrestler. I haven't had to handle him for awhile, but he's been fairly docile in the past. My boehmei is beautiful, but will slap anything that moves. Like 'em both for different reasons.

briarpatch10

Arachnosquire
brachypelma boehmei ... I think the coloring is better and more of it! they also have more "personality" I just bought one today and already its more active than my G. Rosea and I love the colors!