Small white bulge after a molt on carapace

Michael Livote

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter
My B. Hamorii molted about 2 weeks ago and I had to go on a business trip right afterwards also for 2 weeks. I got back and saw this white bulge almost dead center of the carapace and it looks pretty bad. I have no idea what it is, I've not seen that on any of my other spoods in all the years I've had them. I've had a few lose (and thankfully regain) legs after a molt, but never this. She's in a new enclosure, fresh dirt and all, right before this molt. Is she ok? Or do I need to get this checked out? I personally do not handle any of my spoods, it's a choice I've never went back on, so anything will need to be done by a pro. Thanks!

IMG_0447.jpg

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
Maybe it’s the angle, but I don’t see much of problem. Isn’t it just something on it’s carapace?

Michael Livote

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter
Maybe it’s the angle, but I don’t see much of problem. Isn’t it just something on it’s carapace?
The best I can explain it is it's a little raised white dot in the middle, it's not flat, there was nothing there but black before the molt.

Dorifto

He who moists xD
It could be a fetish T? Pooping itself?

Do you have a closer picture?

Michael Livote

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter
It could be a fetish T? Pooping itself?

Do you have a closer picture?
Sadly thats as close as I can get (shes not very big yet). As it doesn't seem to be bothering her (shes going about her day as normal, climbing, moving all over the enclosure, etc) I'm just gonna see if anything happens down the road. Thanks.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
My B. Hamorii molted about 2 weeks ago and I had to go on a business trip right afterwards also for 2 weeks. I got back and saw this white bulge almost dead center of the carapace and it looks pretty bad. I have no idea what it is, I've not seen that on any of my other spoods in all the years I've had them. I've had a few lose (and thankfully regain) legs after a molt, but never this. She's in a new enclosure, fresh dirt and all, right before this molt. Is she ok? Or do I need to get this checked out? I personally do not handle any of my spoods, it's a choice I've never went back on, so anything will need to be done by a pro. Thanks!

View attachment 457917
Strange, it should be ok. I miss my red knee rip. :sad:

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel

View attachment 457917
It sure looks like a piece of 💩 on it's carapace. That would also explain why it appears as raised.

Doesn't mean it is but it's a possibility.

None of my T's ever played with their 💩 before but some T's do.

Hardus nameous

Yes, but only on Tuesdays!
Arachnosupporter +
Is it just me or is there something spattered on the second left leg; and possibly the first leg too?
If there is does it look like the same substance?

Michael Livote

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter
Is it just me or is there something spattered on the second left leg; and possibly the first leg too?
If there is does it look like the same substance?
Actually thats just her hairs there...I'm so not sure, but the way she molted was a bit messy (she kind of did it in the corner of her enclosure on top of her hide...shes such an oddball,lol) so maybe all it is just something that got stuck there. Maybe I'll try the large sponge method to see if it comes off...but I doubt it, I really don't like handling my T's, like ever. I'll see if maybe someone I know can try it out though.

Hardus nameous

Yes, but only on Tuesdays!
Arachnosupporter +
Actually thats just her hairs there...I'm so not sure, but the way she molted was a bit messy (she kind of did it in the corner of her enclosure on top of her hide...shes such an oddball,lol) so maybe all it is just something that got stuck there. Maybe I'll try the large sponge method to see if it comes off...but I doubt it, I really don't like handling my T's, like ever. I'll see if maybe someone I know can try it out though.
Is there a need to remove it? If the spider is acting and eating normally I'd just let it be. There's always a chance of doing more harm than good when disturbing a spider that thinks you're going to eat it.

Michael Livote

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter
Is there a need to remove it? If the spider is acting and eating normally I'd just let it be. There's always a chance of doing more harm than good when disturbing a spider that thinks you're going to eat it.
Good point, that's usually what I do, just leave em be. Gonna stick to my guns on this and see if it falls off on it's own down the road, if not then there's always the next molt :)

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
I hate to say it but it looks like a bird fly-by that dropped it's 💩 and then splattered. I mean that's how it appears in the photo 🤣

Your T looks healthy and sounds like you have everything under control. If it's poop then eventually it should come off on it's own.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Cant' tell what that it is in pic, looks like chalk dust hah. Sorry.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
To me it looks like dried feces. The tarantula may have pooped on the wall of the enclosure or near the entrance to its burrow and brushed up against it.

Michael Livote

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter
To me it looks like dried feces. The tarantula may have pooped on the wall of the enclosure or near the entrance to its burrow and brushed up against it.
Yep, at this point I'm convinced it happened when she was molting, probably had some 💩in the corner where she did it and some got stuck on her. It doesn't seem to be bothering her, so it wont bother me either, lol.