small dog breed wanted

Daisey_Boo222

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yes yes i know, yet another thread by miss daiseyboo..but I've really needed you guys this week (lol {D )

okay, the breed of dog we were planning on getting from this breeder decided that her corgi was not going to have pups this year (unsure of the reason..maybe she didn't go into heat..). But anyway we cannot get this breed (pembroke welsh corgi) at a petstore because they go for 1000+ and lets face it...I'm not that interested..:D So I was wondering if any of you could help me out by telling me any low-maintenence, small, indoor dog breeds. (maybe some good breeders too. I'm in the Kansas City area.) I was thinking of a papillon or norfolk terrier. Anything along those lines.
Also, this dog will be left alone for a few hours a day w/ my other dog (female, husky mix if it helps). So something that's not too jealous:rolleyes:

Much thanks to you dog lovers out there!!! :p
em

GailC

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have a doxie that I just adore but they can be very jealous and hard to house train so probably not a good match for you.

Papillons are pretty nice but around here they are expensive, well over $600.00 and I don't know if a small fragile breed would go so well with your husky.

I've never been around norfolks but they sure are cute, keep in mind though that a terrier can become very naughty when bored. I had a Irish terrier mix when I was a teen, he was a great little dog, very tough and protective.

I like Pomerania's too, I used to have a couple years ago. They do require weekly brushings to keep their coat from matting but they are sweet tempered and friendly.

Maybe a cocker spaniel? my mom raised them when I was growing up. They aren't super small but you can find smaller ones. They are tough enough to stand up to your bigger dog and keep up with outdoor activities. They need to get clipped a couple times a year but they don't shed much. Most are friendly and are great house dogs.

Halgeir

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
A small dog?
Personally I love English bulldogs. Only negative thing about them is possible breathing problems, but they are so adorable.

Taceas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Or heck why not peruse your local shelters and look for a small bodied mutt, although they have been known to have purebreeds as well. A lot cheaper and saves a dog's life, too. :rolleyes:

Daisey_Boo222

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was looking around on the internet and I found a breed called a soft-coated wheaten terrier (not so small as I was thinking but...pretty darn cute!:D ) I was wondering if anybody had experience with these dogs. Temperment, coat, inside/ouside dog:confused:

thanks so much for all of the advice!!

GailC

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My daughters friend had a soft coat, she felt so nice. Almost like fluffy rabbit fur. Not real big, maybe 25 pounds. She was kinda hyper but very friendly. I don't know what kinda of care their coat requires, probably weekly brushing.
good inside or out.