slings under the substrate

Div1nE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i have a C. brachycephalus which has burrowed all the way to the bottom of its substrate, about 1 1/2-1 1/4 inch think.

it hasnt eaten in about a week, so i put some food in.

im worried that since its constantly underground (havent seen it on surface since it burrowed) it wont be able to sense its food.

i'm hoping he'll be able to smell the food, should i dig him up if this continues? i wouldnt want him to die of hunger.

Last edited:

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Even as small as your T is, it knows what it's doing. Just make sure it has access to water and be sure to remove any uneaten food.

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
ive got this same specie and it eats very well all slings uaually bury except for arboreal's...and sometimes even they do....if you put the cric in there it will come up and eat it if it wants it. or it could be coming up on a molt or could be full...when was the last time the T ate???

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
probably a molt...dont forget to mist for the T's water needs...keep us posted

reverendsterlin

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
a rosy sling of mine created a large cavern with no external opening, after about 3-4 months I decided to clean the poop out and that rosy was hungry and has never burrowed again lol, finally now seems ready for another molt (3 months later)
Rev

PapaRoacher

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My A. Geniculata burrowed to the bottom of her 4 inch substrate 3 times, and the burrow collapsed on her every time... I had to litterally dig her out, she was lucky I was there...

Since then I made an artifical burrow, and she discontinued her burrowing...

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
sounds like its a moult coming.

my Ceratogyrus marshalli burrowed alot when it was a sling, but now that's it's bigger it has decided to create a little trench to live in.

Like eveyrone else has said, jsut make sure you keep some moisture in there (i don't "mist" per se, i use a water dropper to give water to my slings).

Mori