slings on a jar

icemanx2

Arachnopeon
hi guys! just wanna share my enclosure that I made out of mayonnaise jar, got the small ones for 10 Pesos (25 cents USD) and the big jar for 20 Pesos (50 cent USD) from an used bottles and jar store here in the Philippines.

comments and feedback are appreciated. thanks!

Aviara

Arachnoknight
Honestly even for your little slings these enclosures look too small - not even 4 times the tarantula's size in terms of floor space. How long do you plan to keep them in these enclosures? I'd be worried about stunting and other health issues, and larger more appropriate deli cups are just as cheap.

poisoned

Arachnodemon
Honestly even for your little slings these enclosures look too small - not even 4 times the tarantula's size in terms of floor space. How long do you plan to keep them in these enclosures? I'd be worried about stunting and other health issues, and larger more appropriate deli cups are just as cheap.
That B. smithi enclosure really seems a little small. It seems okay for P. regalis IMO.

macbaffo

Arachnolord
After one molt they will be too small.
They would be perfect for Cyriocosmus sp. slings.

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
They are nice. I agree they look to small mainly for the B,smithi, you'll disturb it each time you go in for leftover food/water etc, at that size you could provide a hide in a small/medium kk would do a good job.

le-thomas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I disagree with it being too small for the smithi, though it will be after another molt.
However, screen is pretty terrible for tarantulas. Poking/burning some airholes in the lid would suffice just as well without all the added work and risk that comes with the screen.

icemanx2

Arachnopeon
my smithi has been moved to a larger deli container, the small jars usually holds 1-2cm slings that I have right now.
I am having a hard time using small deli cups for smaller sling due to some of them are really fast and could easily climp up and out... that is why i'm using this type of jars.

Originally Posted by le-thomas
Poking/burning some airholes in the lid would suffice just as well without all the added work and risk that comes with the screen.
yes.. can you please explain what risk?

Last edited:

philge

Arachnosquire
from an used bottles and jar store here in the Philippines.
I would LOVE a used bottles and jar store! I don't know of anything like that in America. There's The Container Store which is awesome, but it's all new stuff.