Slings and feeding?

SpaceHawk

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
When should I try to feed these guys? They are all little brown T's now, but still not very mobile, and slow.

Thanks guys.

Windchaser

Arachnoking
Old Timer
More information would be helpful, such as specific species and size. In general though, for small s'lings feed them once or twice a week. For larger T's, once every week or two.

However, feeding schedules is one of the topics that is often debated.

cryptly

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The "When" in your question is confusing me a bit. Are they newly arrived T's? If they're new arrivals to your home, it's best to wait a few days to let them get used to their new surroundings.

I feed my 3/4" to 1 1/5" slings about every 3-4 days. The 1"+ guys get a small live cricket, and the under 1" guys get a small prekilled cricket.

8 leg wonder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Do you know what instar they are? if they are only 1st instar they probably won't eat untill after they have molted

SpaceHawk

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
They are all about 1/4 inch long. Getting all brown. I think they are still first instar. They were laid about 2 months ago almost, but are just barely getting mobile.

I am not sure when these guys should feed, since all I breed are scorps, never T's before.

NightCrawler27

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hey try feeding them wax worms ...my lil slings like them alot when they were that lil ...and they are really soft for them and they dont move to fast..and you dont have to worry about them getting killed by their food ..i just put 1 in with them and they ate it sooner or later...after a day of it being in there if they didnt eat it i took it out and tried again in a few days ..best of luck to ya