Sling still upside down after molt

BrittanyDelafuente

Arachnopeon
Hey guys I just got a Brachypelma albopilosum sling yesterday (hes about 1 1/2 inches) and brought him home. He threw up some webbing and hid. This morning when I checked on him he had completed molting but is still upside down. I've been checking on him for two hours. Is he ok? Do they normally stay upside down for a while? Am I being silly for worrying? I'm concerned he may have died. Thank you for any help.

BrittanyDelafuente

Arachnopeon
They say spiders don't have emotions, but I firmly believe they get some sort of satisfaction out of making us feel like fools :rolleyes:
I believe that 100%! I have a MM Lasiodora parahybana and he does some weird things that freak me out sometimes...I think hes just trying to mess with me. but hes also 5 almost 6 years old, hes an old man, so every weird thing he does makes me think its finally the end for him :(

Mirandarachnid

Arachnobaron
I believe that 100%! I have a MM Lasiodora parahybana and he does some weird things that freak me out sometimes...I think hes just trying to mess with me. but hes also 5 almost 6 years old, hes an old man, so every weird thing he does makes me think its finally the end for him :(
Aww, well, my LP is a juvi and he does weird stuff all the time, so don't get too worried. I think they're just weird spiders.

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
Most will just sit on their backs for a while after moulting.

My B. sabulosum turned himself around after a an hour or two only to turn himself onto his back again.

Nothing to worry about.

BrittanyDelafuente

Arachnopeon

My B. sabulosum turned himself around after a an hour or two only to turn himself onto his back again.

Nothing to worry about.

Nothing to worry about.

Yea he finally flipped over after about six hours and started stretching his legs. This is my first sling so I'm paranoid something is going to happen. I'm just silly

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
Yea he finally flipped over after about six hours and started stretching his legs. This is my first sling so I'm paranoid something is going to happen. I'm just silly
No, you´re not silly! Moulting is a stressful experience not only for the spiders for the new owners as well. Eventually you will get used to it, but I think all of us have been nervous for our spiders while watching them moult.

BrittanyDelafuente

Arachnopeon
No, you´re not silly! Moulting is a stressful experience not only for the spiders for the new owners as well. Eventually you will get used to it, but I think all of us have been nervous for our spiders while watching them moult.

Thank you! I have a MM that's almost 6 and he came with my husband so I've only seen one molt from him. So it's a new experience for me! I do feel a little better about it I have three other slings but they havent molted yet. Thank you for the help