Sling pix - first attempts

goatpiper

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I finally got a digital camera and I'm so psyched. I've been futzing with the menu options all morning to get the file sizes down so I could post some. Here's a couple of my T's - A.avic, A.met, and E.camp. The PZB came out a little fuzzy, but I'll get better at this with time, I'm sure!
gp

siucfi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Downsizing pics

goatpiper said:
I finally got a digital camera and I'm so psyched. I've been futzing with the menu options all morning to get the file sizes down so I could post some. Here's a couple of my T's - A.avic, A.met, and E.camp. The PZB came out a little fuzzy, but I'll get better at this with time, I'm sure!
gp

I have been having the same problem with the pic size. It will constantly tell me that the pic is too big and I cannot figure out how to make it smaller. If you could explain how you did it, it would be appreciated.

reverendsterlin

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I use Corel photo5, in the file section it has an "optimize for internet" option that with a simple click makes the reduction giving a kb size that is easy to read.
Rev

Darwinsdad

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My digicam is a Mavica MV75 and it takes pics in the 600x400 dpi range and I have never hade any probs posting pics here. Hope I am not breaking any rules but just thought I would share

goatpiper

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I just got the Pentax Optio 555, and here's what I did for the above pix...I set it to the smallest pixel size (which was 640x480), then set the quality level (on my camera is from 1 star to 3 stars, then TIFF is the top, with a huge amount of pixelage), and my pix came in just under 100kb, which is the limit if you want to upload a picture to the Arachnoboards. I'm just starting to learn to manipulate the size of the pix with my camera's software, which is ACDSee. I think I can take a higher quality pic with the camera, then manipulate it in the proggie so it's a smaller file size. We'll see...
Hope this helps a bit...I'm a super newbie with this digital camera thing.

siucfi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks

Thanks for the help I will give all your advice a shot. I have been borrowing cameras from buddies so I will try it again. Thanks.