sling molt problem!!!

kimberwolf

Arachnopeon
I bought a fasciatum sling last week and she started molting last night. I disturbed her by moving the peice of paper towel to find her.
When I checked on her this morning, she was still molting!! What can I do to help her along? :? :confused:

Harrod

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Don't do anything. Leave the sling alone until its finished. Make sure water is avaible too.

kimberwolf

Arachnopeon
sling

right now her source of water is a moist paper towel cuz she's so tiny. What do you use?

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
dont ever touch, blow, poke, squirt water on ur spider when it molts, molts is fragile process and u will stress ur T
they molt all the time they know what to do and how to do it

kimberwolf

Arachnopeon
I'm so worried I killed her. I asked my b/f to bring her to work so I could keep an eye on her. But I should have him move her right?

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm so worried I killed her. I asked my b/f to bring her to work so I could keep an eye on her. But I should have him move her right?
look, the less u move and disturb her the better it is
what ever u have her in, just put it in dark warm 75 or so place and dont even peak till tonite
hope she make it, if she dont there is nothing you can do
just dont get all upset and hope for the best

Xaranx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You'll love it to death if you keep this up. Do not move her container around, do not keep an eye on her, do not bother her for another 12 hours. If you have a moist paper towel in there it will be fine. Unless you actually touched it. I knocked one of my scorps off the bark onto the substrate once when it was molting, was in the middle of feeding everything so was in a hurry, just put the lid back on and put him in the dark spot on the shelf and checked on him the next day, he came out just fine and is still alive. Molting is a very sensitive time for these, it's a difficult process, I've seen them do it and it just looks so...inconvenient.

Sorry to sound rude but sometimes they need their alone time. And I really hope you didn't have your bf put your molting t in a car and drive it around. If you did, you need to research some more on responsible care of a tarantula.

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I bought a fasciatum sling last week and she started molting last night. I disturbed her by moving the peice of paper towel to find her.
When I checked on her this morning, she was still molting!! What can I do to help her along? :? :confused:
so how is it going, Kim
keeping my fingers crossed for you and ur little one
updates....