Slideshow: Costa Rica Field trip pictures.

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
What kind of environment was that seemani photographed in?

MaartenSFS

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very nice photos, mate. Isn't it possible to be poisoned from dendrobates through your skin? :eek:

AlanMM

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very nice photos, mate. Isn't it possible to be poisoned from dendrobates through your skin? :eek:
I just let it stand on my hands. If i had a little wound or of i rubbed the frog over my hand, then i probably would have a problem...

AlanMM

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What kind of environment was that seemani photographed in?
Here you see the habitat. It's just close to the rain forest. (Well, everything is close the rain forest in Costa Rica... )

Last edited:

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Wow...almost grassland. They probably do well in disturbed areas near human habitation?(well, that would explain their numbers in the pet trade). Are seemani exported from Costa Rica...or a neighboring country?

How many days was that trip? Any other specifics?

AlanMM

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow...almost grassland. They probably do well in disturbed areas near human habitation?(well, that would explain their numbers in the pet trade). Are seemani exported from Costa Rica...or a neighboring country?

How many days was that trip? Any other specifics?
I don't know anything about exportation of those species...

The trip was 3 weeks, traveling by 4x4 from national park to national park.
What do you mean with other specifics?

MaartenSFS

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ja, zo vertellen de locals het me toch... Dus ik geloof hen maar... :rolleyes:
Als de inwoners daar even onopgeleid zijn als hier dan zou ik maar niets geloven! De mensen hier vertelen mij dat er binnen grotten duivels wonen en dat rupsen en duizendpoten (Niet honderdpoten) levensgevaarlijk zijn. :wall:

Ik dacht al dat je NLs kon omdat ze aan de andere kant van het land geen vreemde talen kunnen. ;)

M.F.Bagaturov

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi my friend!

Some really amaizing shots!!!
Costarica is a place for every animal is pleasant to see, whatever birdwatching or herp or arachnid finding!
Some animals pictured are really really those should inhabits our collections in mass ;)

nhaverland413

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Great photos!

Where did you shoot the photo of the therupoda sp.(?) centipede?
I'm headed to Costa Rica this summer and I'd love to see those.

AlanMM

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That centipede sp. Is taken in Corcovade national park. Just flip a rock at night and you will see them...

Hello Mikhael, yes indeed, great country, and every animal that is found is a victory :D