Singapore...um...green!

worm's girl

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So our singapore sp. blue just molted a couple weeks ago and today we finally got to take a peek. We have only had him for a year, when we got him he was about .5" and now is a whopping 6". below is one pic before the molt and then a couple after. the one enlargement is what we are guessing are like "buds" for his hooks (?) this would be our first maturing male so correct us if we are wrong.

Would anybody suspect that we would see full hooks on the next molt? Or maybe how many molts we might have left since this species seems to grow super fast? And is he done growing at 6" or might we see a little more (I know the females get upwards of 9")?

thanks!

matthias

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I believe if they get hooks they are VERY small. That looks like a mature male to me. I'm sorry to say, I don't think he is going to have a "next molt". PM me if you are thinking of breeding him.

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
your male is full grown and mature....find him a lady..

moose

JayzunBoget

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Do Singapores males turn green upon maturity? I thought they were more yellow. Perhaps you had C. schiodti all along? Does anyone know for sure?

YouLosePayUp

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
what you highlighted are the palpal bulbs. Hooks occur on each of the front legs .

Here's a shot to show you what I mean. The bottom of the third segment on the inside of the tarantula's left leg.

worm

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Do Singapores males turn green upon maturity? I thought they were more yellow. Perhaps you had C. schiodti all along? Does anyone know for sure?
we purchased him from botar as a singapore blue,but i was thinking something was up with the green as well. I also thought that most of the blues turn brown as males but im not sure.

and yeah i guess i got to let him go to breed, i live in maryland so maybe i can meet up with someone at the all maryland show...pm me..id rather it be someone local. or one of the surrounding states.

dirtydirt

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Aaarrgggh

Don't make him angry......you don't want to see him when he's angry

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
we purchased him from botar as a singapore blue,but i was thinking something was up with the green as well. I also thought that most of the blues turn brown as males but im not sure.
hi,

on your before picture you can clearly see this is a singapore blue.

worm's girl

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
thanks everybody for the replies. i think the green that might be throwing everybody off a little is just because he is freshly molted, I would suspect that in a few weeks he will dull down to a more brown than green color like everybody elses. We are pretty sure its a singapore blue. Anybody that would like to breed her we would probably be cool letting him go free to a good home as long as we got a sling or two in return. pm me or the worm.
thanks!

lewisskinner

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Mine's jsut done that - def a MM!

Does he appear much skinnier than in his penultimate moult, really leggy and a much more uniform colour? They're sure signs of a MM