Singapore Blue

rattlesnakejake

Arachnopeon
Hey whats up everyone? So back when singapores were really starting to be imported, i was buying adults that were already considered mature. The dude i was buying them from told me that sexing the babies is really easy because the males will already look brownish from the get go. Anybody else found this to be true? Thanks jake

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Ive honestly never heard of anyone sex;ing babies this easily...from all of the dealers I bought from...:bruised: Dealers Would Be Very RIch!! or females would be cheap if this were true
Singapore blue is a T I do not own... so I cant say for sure if this is true... it just sounds strange to me...
this guy is Either a Moron.. or knows nothing about Ts...:o_O:

ill have to wait til someone with experience breeding these steps forward...Ive never heard of a Species sexable at that size... its quite odd..sounds Rediculous
id probably have heard of this before somwere if it were true...
usualy Females & males look exactly the same as babys.....

Last edited:

endoflove

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i sexed mine via molt when it was 1.2'' but i would have to say that basing it off of color at a young age is completely bull

jayefbe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Lampropelma violaceopes does not show significant sexual dimorphism before maturity. There is some, but not super easily visible. I had a pair and the male was browner, but it was only noticeable right near maturity and when looking at them side by side.

There ARE some Asian arboreals that do show sexual dimorphism at a young. C. schiodtei and L. sp Borneo Black both show some sexual dimorphism in color before maturing.

happysmile88

Arachnoknight
Sexual dimorphism appears at around 4 inch+. Males tend to stay brown, while females molt into a vibrant blue/violet coloration at this size. I own a few so I get what the OP is saying.

rattlesnakejake

Arachnopeon
i figured there may be something to it. i have a couple of lampropelma nigerrimums that i heard the same thing about. i guess it never hurts to just sex the molt. speaking of nigerrimums, i have a couple of females and was wondering how hard it is to find a male?

Vilurum

Arachnosquire
i'm getting one of these as a sling next week, how do you lot find them?

rattlesnakejake

Arachnopeon
i got both species through ken. its amazing on how fat they grow. heres my molt records from when they were a baby until present. 5/23, 6/27, 9/13, and 10/24. i know alot of people probably dont keep records but i like to.

---------- Post added 12-08-2011 at 08:15 PM ----------

fast they grow*