Sidewinder Rattlesnake - Pics

Noexcuse4you

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I went out road cruising in the Anza-Borrego Desert last night and found what I was looking for - a sidewinder rattler. Here's some pics.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Its crazy how baby vemonous snakes can kill you just as quick as an adult can when they are born...thats power!

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very cool! I'd LOVE to be able to find a Sidewinder while road cruising.

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
that is not a baby, sidewinders are small but like a chihuahua think they are much larger lol. Nice pics
Love that analogy, lol! I've made a similar comparison between Eastern Pygmy Rattlers and Jack Russell Terriers, myself. Those little snakes think they're 20-feet long and bullet-proof; I'd rather deal with a big fat ole' Canebrake any day!

It's ashame that you don't see more "hot" keepers working with Sidewinders, though. They have a reputation for being picky eaters, refusing rodents and only wanting live lizards, usually live desert Geckoes. Most of the cb specimens I've seen, that did eat rodents, obviously did so with relish, because they were horribly obese, like mini Blood Pythons. They're a neat-looking little Rattler, though, with some interesting colors that aren't readily apparent at first.

pitbulllady

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
GORGEOUS pics. love the tongue flicking too ;) great shots man.