Sicarius sp. lifespan?

Ripa

Arachnobaron
Hey guys, I ordered a Sicarius sp. recently from kenthebugguy requesting a suspect female (doubt it would work, but I tried), and while I've found information on them regarding their lifespan being as long as 15 years, I'm not sure if that's universal for both sexes or just females. Are males unlucky enough in this genus to just be sperm-bags that ultimately die a few months into maturity as is the case with many other spider taxa, or do they live comparatively long to their female counterparts?
Thanks in advance!

Widow lover

Arachnoknight
I don't know from experience, but I believe that males will live between 4-8 months after maturity. That's what I have read anyways , take it with a grain of salt:)

Hope you like your new gal! They are very entertaining spiders

Hey guys, I ordered a Sicarius sp. recently from kenthebugguy requesting a suspect female (doubt it would work, but I tried), and while I've found information on them regarding their lifespan being as long as 15 years, I'm not sure if that's universal for both sexes or just females. Are males unlucky enough in this genus to just be sperm-bags that ultimately die a few months into maturity as is the case with many other spider taxa, or do they live comparatively long to their female counterparts?
Thanks in advance!

Ripa

Arachnobaron
I don't know from experience, but I believe that males will live between 4-8 months after maturity. That's what I have read anyways , take it with a grain of salt:)

Hope you like your new gal! They are very entertaining spiders
I seriously can't wait! I also ordered a Cyphonisia trapdoor spider along with "her", so hopefully all goes well.

Widow lover

Arachnoknight
I seriously can't wait! I also ordered a Cyphonisia trapdoor spider along with "her", so hopefully all goes well.

The silver trap doors are really cool as well:) keep in mind that that species can climb. I got one from Ken a while back, it made a burrow and trap door overnight ( my red and black gorgyella took weeks)! They are good eaters as well. Post pics when you get them:)

Ripa

Arachnobaron
The silver trap doors are really cool as well:) keep in mind that that species can climb. I got one from Ken a while back, it made a burrow and trap door overnight ( my red and black gorgyella took weeks)! They are good eaters as well. Post pics when you get them:)
Will definitely do so! I'm glad they're feisty and quick to adapt. Just means they'll be ready to tango with their food soon after they're settled :)