Should I be concerned? Whats going on?

Schyler

Arachnopeon
So I've got an OBT that I've had for about a week now. I haven't changed anything in the set up, temps are the same, everything. And when I got home from work this afternoon I noticed that there is a very large obstruction infront of his hide entrance. It looks as though he has taken a mound of his bedding and balled it up, and it's now packed infront of the entrance to his hide, where he's currently inside.

I've never had anything like this happen, nor have I heard of anything like this, and I was just wondering if I should do something about this? Should I remove it? Or be concerned of this?

If you need to know anything about the set up or anything I can provide that.

Just let me know whats going on please, I'm kind of concerned.
Thanks in advance :]

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A lot of Ts will plug the entrance of their burrow when they're going into premolt, so its could just be that, I wouldn't be worried.

Avicularia Man

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah, just let your spider do it's thing. My B. Emilia also plugged her entrance and didn't come out for a few weeks.

Schyler

Arachnopeon
Alright, thanks everyone. I figured it couldn't necessarily be bad, but I wasn't really sure what was happening.

In the case of it possibly being in pre-molt, should I continue feeding it or wait until afterwards?

And how long could I expect this activity to go on for? I was going to rehome him soon, as he is only in a temp. enclosure right now, and I was wondering if I should wait until afterwards.

Thanks alot everyone.

natebugman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just moved my OBT into a larger enclosure and it did the same thing. Now it has made a little opening and it just sits in there waiting for a cricket to come by. It might be premolt or it might just be remodeling.

Schyler

Arachnopeon
That may be the thing then, he is somewhat small and is in a 10 gallon aquarium right now. I'm putting him in a 5 gallon aquarium ASAP, like I've been meaning to.

Just gotta wait a little bit and see if he's molting;I don't wanna disturb him.