Shortest gestation period

gizmosdeath

Arachnopeon
Here's a question for you breeders. What's the shortest amount of time that you have witnessed one of your T's go from pairing to dropping a sack? Most of what I have seen for T's is right around three months from first/last pairing to egg sack production. I ask because I just paired my P. Murinus a little over a month ago and just a couple days ago she dropped a sack. I'm assuming she dropped a sack based on what I can see through the webbing anyway. She ate the male and I fed her quite heavily over the next couple weeks after that. She got pretty big so I figured she was gravid but then she webbed the hell out of her hide the other day and from what I can see of her abdomen it has shrunk to a quarter the size that it was. I just haven't found that short of a gestation period in any of the breeding reports that I have read.

Ceratogyrus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I had a balfouri drop a sac the day after mating. The sac was successful too.

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Poecilotheria ornata. 21. june succesfull pairing. 18. juli sac dropped and 4 weeks later eggs with legs.

gizmosdeath

Arachnopeon
I had a balfouri drop a sac the day after mating. The sac was successful too.
That's crazy! Did you know that she was producing eggs? I guess it makes sense that it would be successful if the T was producing eggs before being bred though. Technically, after egg production all they need is sperm deposited onto the eggs. Potentially, if you had sperm stored away, you could fertilize a dummy sack and have it turn out successful. Though the chances of a female producing eggs before being bred and then dropping the sack the very next day must be one in a million. You should play the lotto bro lol.

Thanks for the reply's everyone. I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this short gestation period as well and what other species it might occur with. I'm kinda hoping that this OBT will give me a second sack after I pull the first.

Ceratogyrus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I didn't know that she was ready to drop. Wonder if she would have dropped a dud sac the next day if she wasn't mated...